Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey hoping for points deduction this season .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do they still get their last 8 million parachute payment next year? or has that long since gone with administartion settlements / council loan?

This season sees the final payment which is why they have to exit administration tomorrow at the latest otherwise the payment is distributed proportionately to all clubs in The Championship , League 1 and League 2.

Do they still get their last 8 million parachute payment next year? or has that long since gone with administartion settlements / council loan?

Don't ask us - we know nothing of the workings of administrations. You'll have to hope one of the Palace posters crawls out of their hole and enlightens you.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
This season sees the final payment which is why they have to exit administration tomorrow at the latest otherwise the payment is distributed proportionately to all clubs in The Championship , League 1 and League 2.

Unfortunately I think they get it even if there in Adminstration. Its only liquidation that would stop the final payment in August. They have been receiving parachute money all the while they have been in Admin so it won't stop now.

Mind you its all earmarked for repaying the local Council loan and the football creditors, most of whom are ex-pompey players owed monies. The poor normal creditors will still only get 2p in the pound.

Quite honestly the points deduction must come off next season otherwise there's no point as they are down already. They should also be hit with extra points off, the same as Luton and others have suffered in the past.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unfortunately I think they get it even if there in Adminstration. Its only liquidation that would stop the final payment in August. They have been receiving parachute money all the while they have been in Admin so it won't stop now.

Mind you its all earmarked for repaying the local Council loan and the football creditors, most of whom are ex-pompey players owed monies. The poor normal creditors will still only get 2p in the pound.

Quite honestly the points deduction must come off next season otherwise there's no point as they are down already. They should also be hit with extra points off, the same as Luton and others have suffered in the past.

The creditors from the previous administration will only get 2p in the £ from the 2p in £ they were owed.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Agreed but you just know that Pompey are going to wriggle free of any points deduction next year. How they remain in business is beyond me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As I understood it the rules do not allow a club to decide to their advantage when to take the penalty. If you are relegated you can't opt to go into administration and take a 10 pt hit in the current season, it will transfer to the following season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next season won't be so easy for lower league Portsmouth.

Parachute payment spent repaying council and football creditors, Financial Fair Play to comply with, maybe a points deduction, and Fratton Park must be suffering from serious financial neglect.

Blue Square next ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't Leeds have to suffer the same fate too?

Leeds were one of the reasons the rule about relegations was introduced: they were struggling but hoping to stay up. Once they knew they were relegated anyway, they fast forwarded their inevitable administration so as to try and incur the points penalty when it didn't matter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's so far beyond a joke you can't even see the joke anymore.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Leeds were one of the reasons the rule about relegations was introduced: they were struggling but hoping to stay up. Once they knew they were relegated anyway, they fast forwarded their inevitable administration so as to try and incur the points penalty when it didn't matter.
For a second I nearly sympathised with them but then I remembered how hard they worked to defer the deduction. It has to be next season or it's no deterrent (not that I consider it a deterrent anyway - expulsion to non-league would be my immediate punishment and a ban on the directors ever being involved in professional football again).

edit: Just remembered they are relegated. Time for a smiley or two: :rave::rave::drink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I maybe wrong but is this not the remit of the Football League? So, possibly, in this case you're right - the FA will carry on doing FA!! :D

You are right it the duty of the FL to impose the points deduction but having said that it is the responsibility of the FA to ensure that the clubs registered under them are run correctly.

D

Deleted member 2719

I really do need them to have the 10 point deduction next year, because i am getting a sick pleasure at the locals misery at present.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here