Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey forum - the arrogance

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
especially this one..

"Strangely I'm optimistic about this one. Brighton probably come as favourites, but we have a good first 11. I reckon we'll be too much for them, aided by a good atmosphere in a fairly full Fratton. Pompey 2-0 Brighton."

Read more: Viewing a thread - Pompey v Brighton

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Read somewhere where they were calling us 'cheating bastards' - I probably haven't seen a dirtier team than them today for a while

especially this one..

"Strangely I'm optimistic about this one. Brighton probably come as favourites, but we have a good first 11. I reckon we'll be too much for them, aided by a good atmosphere in a fairly full Fratton. Pompey 2-0 Brighton."

Read more: Viewing a thread - Pompey v Brighton

That is hardly "arrogant"!
Arrogance is "we will wipe the floor with the batty boys" or "let's teach these upstarts a lesson, they got lucky last time"

Not "I'm strangely optimistic and reckon we'll be too much for them"

:wrong:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If you want arrogance you need to check what Southampton have to say. Pompey got a wake up call today; I really fancied us to win today, is that arrogant?
Now watch their attendances tumble.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
One guy reckons they are a bigger club than us, which, in fairness they have been of late, but apart from that I don't see anything arrogant on there.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Pompey fans at the station were bricking it about what Southampton might do to them.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I can't really see any arrogance in that thread, not like some in here ... calling Fratton Park a shithole!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
ATTENDANCES.jpg

Sep 1, 2010
"Brighton smighton; I don't care whether they have a new stadium and moody manager. We are a bigger, better club and should beat them."

Yeah Yeah Yeah...........shit off.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think I missed the arrogance, was expecting a Brighton bitch fest... poor thread, wasted time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here