Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey fined for failing to control their players

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£5,000 for the cards and sending off on Saturday. I recall they did a little bit better than the 6 or more cautioned, as per the rule book.

Not the £25,000 I was discussing with Mr Haddock at the game, since that is the similar Premiership punishment.

Who pockets the £5k? The FA? Free money for them, if that is the case.

There would appear to be a problem with your sums, BoF.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is the fine being paid in instalments ? :lolol:

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I like Al Abd as a player, but after the way he stayed down after that push in the face it's a good job he took up football, not boxing. My Pompey supporting mate has whinged on about it for days now.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
£5,000 for the cards and sending off on Saturday. I recall they did a little bit better than the 6 or more cautioned, as per the rule book.

Not the £25,000 I was discussing with Mr Haddock at the game, since that is the similar Premiership punishment.

Best send in the bailiffs to get that money.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hello Seagulls. Saints fan here, but Albion are a bit of a second team since I moved down this way. Well done on dispatching the cheating web-footed fish-fiddlers at the weekend! All the best for the rest of the season: I'm hoping for a Saints / Albion top two this season, and a trip to Falmer next year...

Welcome mate, second team, since when was that permitted? ;-)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that the ref was quite sure that he had seen what happened as he acted very quickly and in a manner that made it appear that he had no doubts as to what happened.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I like Al Abd as a player, but after the way he stayed down after that push in the face it's a good job he took up football, not boxing. My Pompey supporting mate has whinged on about it for days now.

Out of interest, what would you rather El Abd did? He didn't roll around on the floor, he just lay there. Would you rather he got up and had a go back at Kitson leading to them both getting sent off, as he would have done a few years ago? To me El Abd did the right thing and your Pompey mate hasn't got a clue.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Having seen the swing (if not the contact) quite clearly, he would have been a very lucky boy to stay on - even if Adam hadn't gone down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here