• F**k, I have just turned 21 and am hacked off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should have been a general reduction all round

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Good, something certainly needed to be done to get the fans back. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold anohter 2000 seasons tickets now.

It's a good move to try and win back the lost younger fans. However, I think there could have been something for people/season ticket holders over 21 other than simply not increasing prices. There are thousands of older fans the club needs to win back too and holding prices as they are isn't going to entice them back.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good news for the youngsters.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Fine by me...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good news for U21's.

They could of awared the ST's that have paid year in year out since we came home. Must of been a way they could cover the loss by reducing prices

It's a good move by the club. Especially extending the cut off age to 21 and not 16 as for most junior offers. It's important to get the older kids back as well as the younger children.

Can't deny that a part of me is not slightly miffed that us elderly folk have missed out on some sort reduction, but at least the club have taken a positive step to bring back the crowds. I hope that the missing generation takes advantage and we can have rocking withdean next season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a great marketing plan, the under 21's are our future core support as the oldies start to fall off their perches. I am more than happy to pay 450 odd and have a 20 year blonde girl sat next to me paying £ 120 , can't see any problem with that at all.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This has to be applauded as a good idea, anything that can be done to entice the so called lost generations to Withdean has to a good thing, if we could add say 500 vociferous under 21's to each attendence just think what it could do for noise levels and the atmosphere at games. Personally, I would like to have seen the Albion adopt the Bradford City approach, they get crowds more than double ours for football in the division lower and with a far smaller fanbase...but hey ho, I guess this will give the whingers something more to grumble about, only good thing is their drawl will probably be drowned out with the blue and white version of what Watford achieved in the 80's.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Reading the details on the official website, under 10's will be allowed in for a quid... is that ANYWHERE in the ground?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great idea. Even if the club loses money in the short term over this initiative, you have to hope it will more than recoup this once Falmer is built.

Withdean is shit, but it needs to be filled.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The price will be £140 for south centre.

Let me say I think this move by the club is a first class idea.

I just have one issue with this south centre price.
I buy every season, a season ticket for my grandson in the south stand centre. Over the last two seasons this has been at a far higher price for admission for kids, when they could have gained admission for £1.
I had no issue with this, as the club needs to get bums on seats and especially the younger generation.
But I do feel that the club could have given existing U21 season ticket holders the £120 price to remain in their seat they have had for a number of years. This would have in someway repaid them for all the over price admission they have paid compared to the ones who have only paid the £1 admission.
Any new season tickets issued in these areas should be at the £140 price.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have kids and this is probably the best marketing idea ever from BHAFC - congratulations and I hope this encourages many younger fans.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reading the details on the official website, under 10's will be allowed in for a quid... is that ANYWHERE in the ground?

Ony the family stand, £100 anywhere else

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As I said below, this is a very good idea for the yoof and for those who have kids etc.

personally this has no effect on me. I would have hoped the club would have made some gesture for those people who do not use the park and ride or travel voucher.

Would it change my mind about renewing...probably not as the chance of getting rid of a ST for a game you cant make will probably be nigh on impossible.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very brave and good move by the club. Of course I would have loved the price of my season ticket to go down, but for the sake of the future of the club I think this is an excellent move.

Far more likely to increase the crowd than a general reduction all round I think.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can't disagree with the good marketing move by the club, but, it's a shame the club couldn't have rewarded all loyal supporters as money generally is pretty tight all round. I don't regard a freeze on prices as a reward either.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Can't deny that a part of me is not slightly miffed that us elderly folk have missed out on some sort reduction, but at least the club have taken a positive step to bring back the crowds. I hope that the missing generation takes advantage and we can have rocking withdean next season.

I was looking around Withdean at half time last Saturday and noticed that a lot of the regulars are well over 50. They will have got their reductions simply because of age.
I've checked with the club and I can renew my season ticket at the concession rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here