Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

POLL: IF we beat Wrexham AND Newcastle game moved to Sunday for TV would you....

IF we end up playing Newcastle on the Sunday for TV would you

• play the DS Squad as it's PALACE on the Tuesday which is more important

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Play a FULL STRENGTH team, we should be aiming for a cup upset

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Are you saying that was the cause of it though? I think it was more co-incidence, certainly I don't think you can blame eight or nine bad results on the fact that we gave a top premiership side a run for its money. However IF our defeat against Liverpool WAS the sole reason for our slump - it proves how important it is to beat Newcastle! (Or even Wrexham come to that!)

I think it started it, because after that we had tough games coming thick and fast. And when we lost against Palace, confidence was very low...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it started it, because after that we had tough games coming thick and fast. And when we lost against Palace, confidence was very low...
So you agree with me then, to avoid a repeat of that slump it's imperative that we beat Newcastle! Don't want to be going into the Palace game on a downer!

EDIT: And you could argue that the slump actually started the match before when we lost to Leicester. In that respect the Liverpool match was neither here nor there.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So you agree with me then, to avoid a repeat of that slump it's imperative that we beat Newcastle! Don't want to be going into the Palace game on a downer!

I actually agree with you.

I dont want any BOLLOCKS about being too tired or whatever.

This IS Palace we are talking about and I EXPECT our players to go the EXTRA mile whether they have played 24/48 or 60 hours before.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I actually agree with you.

I dont want any BOLLOCKS about being too tired or whatever.

This IS Palace we are talking about and I EXPECT our players to go the EXTRA mile whether they have played 24/48 or 60 hours before.
Bloody hell! I was expecting a ton of grief from you!

But yes, I honestly don't see why we can't win both games. After all we beat Sunderland, and even with extra time the team still went out and beat Peterborough the next game, and Bristol City the game after that.

"Oh we're going up and we'll win the Cup" as the song goes. And if you don't think we've got a least a theoretical chance of doing both, well then you're a Brighton watcher rather than a Brighton fan. (Not 'you' specifically, I mean people in general)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here