Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Polish Hooligans (Neo-Nazis)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ITN news is becoming more of a joke by the day. They take an obscure item of news like some alleged Polish footy hooligans, send a reporter over there on a cheap sojourn, film ONE bloke giving a Nazi salute at a game with a crowd under 6k and then make it the lead item on the news to make us believe that World War Three will be upon us in Germany. ITN and Channel Five 'make' their own sensational 'breaking news headlines' out of a cornflake packet and double sided sticky tape.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
If they do start trouble, it will be interesting to see if they get the same treatment as us. Methinks they will get a slap on the wrist and a small telling off.:nono:

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Having watched England away in Poland a couple of times, it can, shall we say be interesting.

In 1989, a 0-0 draw (they hit the bar in the last minute with Shilts rooted to the spot with England needing only a draw to go to Italy) outside it got pretty tasty. A lot of it seemed to be fighting between themselves though.

Shame as because before the game we had got completley pissed with a great bunch of Polish fans. In those days it was about $2 for a Vodka. That's a bottle of vodka.

:drink:

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Having watched England away in Poland a couple of times, it can, shall we say be interesting.

In 1989, a 0-0 draw (they hit the bar in the last minute with Shilts rooted to the spot with England needing only a draw to go to Italy) outside it got pretty tasty. A lot of it seemed to be fighting between themselves though.

Shame as because before the game we had got completley pissed with a great bunch of Polish fans. In those days it was about $2 for a Vodka. That's a bottle of vodka.

:drink:

Went to Katawich (sp) to watch England win 2 - 0 in 1997. The poles mainly fought themselves but got a right old beating from the police at one in the morning walking back to our hotel. Never sobered up so quickly in my life. Still when we got back to hotel was ok for drinking again. Was a bit sore in the morning / afternoon when i woke up from the battering.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Seagulls over Lewes said:
Went to Katawich (sp) to watch England win 2 - 0 in 1997. The poles mainly fought themselves but got a right old beating from the police at one in the morning walking back to our hotel. Never sobered up so quickly in my life. Still when we got back to hotel was ok for drinking again. Was a bit sore in the morning / afternoon when i woke up from the battering.

Fanta.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Watched the ITN report on the News and when they showed the Polish Police wading in with batons, fists, water cannon and just about anything they could lay their hands on I thought perhaps they were referring to them as the hooligans we should be on the lookout for!!

Also have to agree with Cheeky monkey in that it was all a bit sensationalist and lacking any real evidence or fact. Still the TV and Papers love it and will be orgasmic if it all kicks off in Germany since their ratings and sales will soar.

I like the way they are labelled as 'Neo-Nazis' which effectively means New-Nazis, does that mean they are like New Labour?? Maybe theres also branches calling themselves 'The Real Nazis' or 'Nazis for Justice'?

How any form of Nazism can exist in Poland is beyond my belief given the way their people suffered during the war and the extent of hatred between the Polish and Germans even to this day.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Cheeky Monkey said:
ITN news is becoming more of a joke by the day. They take an obscure item of news like some alleged Polish footy hooligans, send a reporter over there on a cheap sojourn, film ONE bloke giving a Nazi salute at a game with a crowd under 6k and then make it the lead item on the news to make us believe that World War Three will be upon us in Germany. ITN and Channel Five 'make' their own sensational 'breaking news headlines' out of a cornflake packet and double sided sticky tape.

True. Recently they cooked up a two-week old story from the Sunday Telegraph, which had been comprehensively rubbished almost as soon as it was published.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I expect the fact they will be playing Germany in a group game has fanned the flames.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I visited Poland a couple of times back in the communist days.

Stayed with a family and they told me back then of there being a small minority of Poles who sympathised with Hitler even after what the country had been through.

As the poster above points out, I found that particular strange.

After communism when a lot of people were suddenly thrown into poverty, a few it's seems were starting to blame the Jewish residents again.

( I recall an uproar in Warsaw where a Jewish business was planning to construct a sky scraper near the ghetto )

If guess if one country has lived under one political extreme for such a long time, it's understandable that some will be drawn to the other extreme as an answer to their plight.

Put that alongside the strong nationalist feelings that were inflamed after the fall of the Soviet Union as well, then it's not that surprising really that these groups exist.

I didn't see the report, but they do exist in Poland. They held a demostration at Autchwitz a few years back !

I understand that like in Germany, neo nazi activity is technically illegal though.

Far from being treated better than "our hooligans", I suspect that the German Poilce will crack down VERY hard on them.

What I found absolutely unfathomable is that they exist in this country.

By that I mean the groups that appear to be affliated to the BNP, and the pseudo Nazi iconograpy you see held by some at right wing events.

Last time I had the misfortune to read some BNP literature, it seemed to have as much problem with the Jewish race as it does with Muslims.

Last edited:

555kaz said:
Tis a strange thing for Poles to be labelled Nazis, being half Polish myself just think it is very odd.

Being a Neo Nazi is a political mindset, not a race, just like communism.

I has nothing to do with being German, English or Polish.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At least it'll get them out of the pubs in south London.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Brighton till i die said:
the will have it on their toes the minute the english have a pop back............;)

Yobbozaza!! (Polish hooligan cry) we will be there BtiD. Keep in moby contact until I give the signal then wahey!!!

Remember no facking swearing..

:jester:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
Being a Neo Nazi is a political mindset, not a race, just like communism.

I has nothing to do with being German, English or Polish.

The point I was trying to make is made so much better here.

XooX said:

Also have to agree with Cheeky monkey in that it was all a bit sensationalist and lacking any real evidence or fact. Still the TV and Papers love it and will be orgasmic if it all kicks off in Germany since their ratings and sales will soar.

I like the way they are labelled as 'Neo-Nazis' which effectively means New-Nazis, does that mean they are like New Labour?? Maybe theres also branches calling themselves 'The Real Nazis' or 'Nazis for Justice'?

How any form of Nazism can exist in Poland is beyond my belief given the way their people suffered during the war and the extent of hatred between the Polish and Germans even to this day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here