Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policing Pompey Vs Saints

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
This has completly destroyed the day for us. We wont sell out down there now! Instead all the lads I go to games with around 10-15 won't be going, we'll be sat in a pub in southampton watching on tv. Would rather do that than pay the £30 for the ticket plus the £15 for the coach, on top of this the fact there will be no alcohol makes it a complete joke.

That is shit. I thought it was bad us having Palace on two weekdays.

Albion Rob

f*** it I reckon they should just pull the police out and let them at each other.

In most cases I'd agree with you but Pompey v Southampton is so one-sided in terms of trouble that I fear we'd see the slaying of 3,000 Saints.

Most rivalries seem fairly even in terms of how nasty each set of fans in (even us and Palace) but Pompey v Southampton could quite literally be blue murder.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sheff-Utd-v-Sheff-Wed-008.jpg

From the Sheffield derby earlier in the year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...-united-wednesday#/?picture=380513263&index=3

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This has completly destroyed the day for us. We wont sell out down there now! Instead all the lads I go to games with around 10-15 won't be going, we'll be sat in a pub in southampton watching on tv. Would rather do that than pay the £30 for the ticket plus the £15 for the coach, on top of this the fact there will be no alcohol makes it a complete joke.

Bloody hell. We only charged fifteen quid for our coach to St Marys the other week. Haywards Heath to Southampton is a darn side further than Portsmouth to Southampton.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
No - what's destroyed the day for you and your Pompey friends as that neither of you can even go to a football match without turning the neighbourhood into a Serbian-style war zone. You can't be trusted to have a pint of shandy without wanting to fight each other. Sort that out and you might, just might get to watch your two teams play each other under more normal circumstances. Carry on with the knuckle-dragging behaviour (on both sides, neither is innocent) and you have seen your future.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It'll be another day of grown men growling at each other from behind the safety of a line of stewards, doing that fake "hold me back, hold me back" thing as if to pretend that the only thing preventing them from tearing the other side apart is a man in a yellow hi-vis jacket
:lolol:

Aug 26, 2011
It'll be another day of grown men growling at each other from behind the safety of a line of stewards, doing that fake "hold me back, hold me back" thing as if to pretend that the only thing preventing them from tearing the other side apart is a man in a yellow hi-vis jacket
:lolol:

This entirely!

I find it strange if not somewhat comical that the supposed 'hardcore hooly' is often discouraged from making actual contact with his/her despised enemy by a weedy little man purely because he is wearing a hi-viz jacket?!?
From most of the nobs i've seen they are 95% jumped up, self-obsessed, metro sexual, Danny Dyer wannabees!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be fair, it might actually be a considerable social improvement if half of Pompey were to be fenced off like that.

Perhaps they could use them after the match to fence in the whole city and protect West Sussex from their marauding savages.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Those that want to have a scrap will have one anyway. Last time round it kicked off in Totton, about 5 miles away from the city centre. Those saying it would be 'blue murder' both sides have a very nasty element, but for pompey v saints, it's not just these to worry about. It's the tits off the estates that turn up for a ruck, not even with a ticket to the game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
EXCELLENT news. Its THEIR rivalry and they are welcome to it. Nothing to see here.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Look on the bright side though. They have saved you from a good kicking!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here