Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policing Pompey Vs Saints

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
It looks like the police are turning Pompey into a miniature version of Belfast or Beirut next month by putting up metal walls in residential streets to keep fans apart before and after the Saints match.

4260929311.jpg

Given the criticism on here of the police after the Palace game, would you be happier seeing these kind of measures in Brighton?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Did I also read that tickets will not be on sale at St Marys but will be issued on the route to people on organised coaches to Fartton Park only.

They have made it a 'bubble match' where you can only get a ticket at designated pick up points travelling by coach.

I think Saints did this when they played Pompy at home earlier this year as well?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have made it a 'bubble match' where you can only get a ticket at designated pick up points travelling by coach.

I think Saints did this when they played Pompy at home earlier this year as well?

Was that a cup game?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
This has completly destroyed the day for us. We wont sell out down there now! Instead all the lads I go to games with around 10-15 won't be going, we'll be sat in a pub in southampton watching on tv. Would rather do that than pay the £30 for the ticket plus the £15 for the coach, on top of this the fact there will be no alcohol makes it a complete joke.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Surely the Serious Fraud Squad should be policing this game.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

QUOTE]

The only thing that will achieve is to reduce the traffic congestion in Fratton. Why would a Saints supporter living in Fareham want to go on a coach?

They don't want to, they have to. It's used to stop any trouble makers just turning up and roaming round. It;s used a lot in Europe and is increasingly being used over here. I think Bristol City were subject to it when they played Cardiff. I'm sure there have been other games as well.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This has completly destroyed the day for us. We wont sell out down there now! Instead all the lads I go to games with around 10-15 won't be going, we'll be sat in a pub in southampton watching on tv. Would rather do that than pay the £30 for the ticket plus the £15 for the coach, on top of this the fact there will be no alcohol makes it a complete joke.

How about just going to support your team?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You can't enjoy football without alcohol?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
f*** it I reckon they should just pull the police out and let them at each other.

Also a couple of people have come up with the "Cant you enjoy Football without alcohol?" comment. Home games without alcohol are easy but away games and alcohol go together, I have only ever been to one away game without drinking and it was probably my worst ever away experience.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
f*** it I reckon they should just pull the police out and let them at each other.

Also a couple of people have come up with the "Cant you enjoy Football without alcohol?" comment. Home games without alcohol are easy but away games and alcohol go together, I have only ever been to one away game without drinking and it was probably my worst ever away experience.

I would agree if it was a long distance to travel but it's a f***ing hour down the coast. I agree with your first sentence though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here