Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Today

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
TonyYeboah said:
Its funny how we always get 'You're not famous anymore' yet its always a clubs biggest attendance of the season against LUFC :lolol:

The view? Put it this way. We had to wait till Neil Sullivan celebrated in front of us to know if we'd scored that penalty or not. I expect there was a huge delay from it hitting the back of the net to us celebrating. It was also bloody cold on that 'stand'! Also hard to create any sort of atmosphere with no roof. Oh well, it was an experience!

Its always an experience at our ground! Its a hard place for clubs to come as i expect they must think "what the f***ing hell is this!" Hopefully we will have a nice new stadium in a couple of years!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
TonyYeboah said:
Its funny how we always get 'You're not famous anymore' yet its always a clubs biggest attendance of the season against LUFC :lolol:

The view? Put it this way. We had to wait till Neil Sullivan celebrated in front of us to know if we'd scored that penalty or not. I expect there was a huge delay from it hitting the back of the net to us celebrating. It was also bloody cold on that 'stand'! Also hard to create any sort of atmosphere with no roof. Oh well, it was an experience!

An experience we have to face every home game. As said on another thread we've only just increased the seats at the ground and that took two years to get planning permission and a trip to the High Court because of moaning Nimbies.
You lot up north don't know how lucky you are being able to build new grounds anywhere you like.
Talking of which, isn't is about time Elland Rd was given a bit of a facelift?

TonyYeboah

Jan 12, 2006
Beach Hut said:
We put up with this at every home game - count yourself lucky it only happens once a season.
Aye, I have a lot of sympathy for you on that matter!

I hope with us going up this season the next time we will meet will be at Falmer! (where you'll totally rape us on the pitch yet again no doubt!)

Last edited:

TonyYeboah

Jan 12, 2006
Yorkie said:
An experience we have to face every home game. As said on another thread we've only just increased the seats at the ground and that took two years to get planning permission and a trip to the High Court because of moaning Nimbies.
You lot up north don't know how lucky you are being able to build new grounds anywhere you like.
Talking of which, isn't is about time Elland Rd was given a bit of a facelift?
Our place probably does needa facelift, 1 nice massive stand (which we cant even half fill now thanks to Uncle Ken) and 3 sheds. But if I'm honest I prefer the shed-of-a-grounds like Kenilworth Road to the plastic new stadia that are appearing all over the place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TonyYeboah said:
Aye, I have a lot of sympathy for you on that matter!

I hope with us going up this season the next time we will meet will be at Falmer! (where you'll totally rape us on the pitch yet again no doubt!)

I wouldn't be so confident if I were you, negotiating the play-offs is very tricky.

However we got through last time so good luck as that would appear to be the only route.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
TonyYeboah said:
It was way OTT in our end too. Lots of our lads got threatened to be ejected for homophobic chanting.

I can't stand predjudice, the bloody fat dim witted northern chav monkeys!!! :lolol:

Beach Hut said:
We put up with this at every home game - count yourself lucky it only happens once a season.

What getting beaten by BRIGHTON:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
XooX said:
It's a shame more of my colleagues in blue aren't footy fans like me then they might appreciate the passion and colourful language which goes with a saturday afternoon. Swearing at the ref very rarely results in anyone actually commiting any violent acts and I was calling the ref a c**t under my breath on many occasions! Unfortunately some coppers like my female colleague mentioned think they are on West Street on a Sat night and cannot just accept it and have to assert some authority instead of just doing the sensible thing and ignoring it.

Generally we (the police) are told to not get involved in any crowd problems unless it gets violent and to leave everything else to the Stewards. I would only ever 'have a word' with someone if they were swearing a lot and using particularly bad language with kids within earshot.

Well said that man and not a truer word said...

In the job aswell.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only problem the police had at the game, as far as I could see, was Fourteenth Eye appealing desperately to one copper to arrest Andy D'Urso at half time.

I would love it, just love it if that had happened, but sadly I think the entire refereeing fraternity would quit if that day ever came.

I like the thought of D'Urso spending the night in a stinking cell at Hollingbury, with only a particularly fragrant toilet, a microwaved all day breakfast, and the screaming of the regular Saturday night drunks for company

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jesus christ, what the hell is going on here. A sensible copper, a Leeds fan who seems a nice bloke and the mention of homophobic chanting without an immediate witch hunt kicking off.
All in one thread
On the same day
Has hell frozen over? :eek:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I hope Leeds go up.

It will mean that Palace haven't.

Although it would mean we will have to find 4 points from someone else next season.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
NMH said:
No person wants to wear that uniform without proving, that it means something to the wearer and it they need it to mean something to everyone else.....or else.

Just like the ref really.

Typically cockish thing to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here