Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Today

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Have to say that I thought they were very OTT today. I sit in the front of H Block and like most people did not go much on the ref in the first half and told him so. I also like others stood up and told the Leeds fans what I thought of them when the scored. Then at half time I was approched by a WPC and told that she was watching me and if I did not calm down she was going to get me thrown out. I pointed out that there was people behind me a lot more loud and saying a lot more offensive things then me but she was not interested.

But who cares we won. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
BarrelofFun said:
It seems that in some cases, they might pick targets that are deemed unlikely to turn into a violent arrest as a warning....Or perhaps I am being cycnical.

SEAGULLS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Those were my feelings.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its funny really what their orders are, before the Millwall games there were two Millwall fans talking to a steward on the running track infront the south, a copper came over and said, aren't you in the wrong end, and they asked if they could be re-located to the away fans.

His answer was "its not in my juristriction (sp?)"

They are obviously only there to sort out the home fans

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
It's a shame more of my colleagues in blue aren't footy fans like me then they might appreciate the passion and colourful language which goes with a saturday afternoon. Swearing at the ref very rarely results in anyone actually commiting any violent acts and I was calling the ref a c**t under my breath on many occasions! Unfortunately some coppers like my female colleague mentioned think they are on West Street on a Sat night and cannot just accept it and have to assert some authority instead of just doing the sensible thing and ignoring it.

Generally we (the police) are told to not get involved in any crowd problems unless it gets violent and to leave everything else to the Stewards. I would only ever 'have a word' with someone if they were swearing a lot and using particularly bad language with kids within earshot.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
XooX said:
It's a shame more of my colleagues in blue aren't footy fans like me then they might appreciate the passion and colourful language which goes with a saturday afternoon. Swearing at the ref very rarely results in anyone actually commiting any violent acts and I was calling the ref a c**t under my breath on many occasions! Unfortunately some coppers like my female colleague mentioned think they are on West Street on a Sat night and cannot just accept it and have to assert some authority instead of just doing the sensible thing and ignoring it.

Generally we (the police) are told to not get involved in any crowd problems unless it gets violent and to leave everything else to the Stewards. I would only ever 'have a word' with someone if they were swearing a lot and using particularly bad language with kids within earshot.

Good common sense attitude :clap: :clap: :clap:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
XooX said:

Are you by chance a certain North Stand season ticket holding copper who sits in Block L with his family?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
XooX said:

I would only ever 'have a word' with someone if they were swearing a lot and using particularly bad language

That would have been me thrown out yesterday then:lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TonyYeboah said:
It was way OTT in our end too. Lots of our lads got threatened to be ejected for homophobic chanting.

What's wrong with that ?

TonyYeboah

Jan 12, 2006
TonyYeboah said:
It was way OTT in our end too. Lots of our lads got threatened to be ejected for homophobic chanting.
Banter is a part of football. When we were at Anfield we sang about them nicking our car stereos, they didn't get offended because they know its just friendly banter. If Brighton's widely known as Britain's gay capital then they should expect the odd chant like 'You only sing when you're rimming!'

Maybe the two lady coppers who told us off were carpet munchers? :lolol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
TonyYeboah said:
Banter is a part of football. When we were at Anfield we sang about them nicking our car stereos, they didn't get offended because they know its just friendly banter. If Brighton's widely known as Britain's gay capital then they should expect the odd chant like 'You only sing when you're rimming!'

Dosen't bother many of us anymore, as you will always get "Not a big club anymore" till you get promoted. Your right its part of football and it wouldn't feel right if we didn't get at least one chant of "does your boyfriend know your here" or "we can see you holding hands".

OT, Whats the view like from over there?

TonyYeboah

Jan 12, 2006
TonyYeboah said:

Its funny how we always get 'You're not famous anymore' yet its always a clubs biggest attendance of the season against LUFC :lolol:

The view? Put it this way. We had to wait till Neil Sullivan celebrated in front of us to know if we'd scored that penalty or not. I expect there was a huge delay from it hitting the back of the net to us celebrating. It was also bloody cold on that 'stand'! Also hard to create any sort of atmosphere with no roof. Oh well, it was an experience!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TonyYeboah said:
It was also bloody cold on that 'stand'! Also hard to create any sort of atmosphere with no roof. Oh well, it was an experience!

We put up with this at every home game - count yourself lucky it only happens once a season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here