Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police launch investigation into Hull fans

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have to say, I don't see police action as the way forward on this sort of thing. Isn't it enough just to a) know the people singing it are sad f*****s, and b) see them publicly vilified as such?

And as Richie says, at least people these days are ALSO singing 'You're just a town full of racists' at Burnley, and meaning it as an insult. In the Eighties that would have been a badge of honour.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is there a difference?

Some people in London WERE bombers. The majority of people in London are not and would find being called a bomber offensive.

Some people in Burnley are racist. The majority of people in Burnley are not and would find being labelled a bomber offensive.

Some people sang some songs that were out of order. Nobody is disputing that. Throw them out and take away their season tickets.

BUT it is being blown out of all proportion by the media, who, lets not forget, labelled Millwall nazis last season when in actual fact it was Brighton fans going 'Seagulls' not Millwall going 'Sieg Heil'.

I can picture it now..boring game, nothing to write about, half a dozen people singing a dodgy song...BOOM there is a decent story.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think a life ban is justified. A relative or friend of someone that died or was seriously injured in the bombings could have been there - amongst either set of supporters.

Anyone that joined in should be ashamed. :nono:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just hope that none of our fans drop a bollock and react when we play them, let's just hope they give it "town Full of Faggots" and we give them plenty of "in your northern slums" , "1-0 to the nancy boys" etc

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Richie Morris said:
Is there a difference?

Some people in London WERE bombers. The majority of people in London are not and would find being called a bomber offensive.

Some people in Burnley are racist. The majority of people in Burnley are not and would find being labelled a bomber offensive.

Some people sang some songs that were out of order. Nobody is disputing that. Throw them out and take away their season tickets.

BUT it is being blown out of all proportion by the media, who, lets not forget, labelled Millwall nazis last season when in actual fact it was Brighton fans going 'Seagulls' not Millwall going 'Sieg Heil'.

I can picture it now..boring game, nothing to write about, half a dozen people singing a dodgy song...BOOM there is a decent story.

Burnley is a town full of racists, though :p

Seriously, though, I feel that the Hull fans were almost taking the piss out the bombing, too. And people died. It's more insensitive than anything else. To me, it's almost like they were saying, "Ha, you soft southern c888s, you've been bombed, we've not." The "not enough of you died" songs were (by the sounds of it anyway) well out of order.

Obviously, none of us were there, so we're listening to hearsay, but a life ban at the footy is enough in my book.

Dandyman

In London village.
dave the gaffer said:
I suppose this trawls up the old "town full of poofters" debate.

Arsenal sang a song to the Tottenham fans years ago ( which Brighton fans also sang at Tottenham fans in the 70's)

Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz
Hitler's gonna gas em again.

To the tune of Ozzies on his way to wembley

And Leeds fans sing

Who's that lying on the tarmac,
Whose that Lying in the snow
Its matt Busby and his babes....etc etc

I think you are not going to stop people singing songs such as this, although I do accept that racist chantin has all but dissapeared to what it was in the 70's and 80's

I can also remember the Arse hissing "gas" at Spurs fans for much of a game back in the early 90's. Bunch of :censored:

One of the rare occasions on which I would glady have caved someone's head in. :angry:

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
A life ban is way too harsh imo, for something that did not hurt anyone physically. I know a QPR fan that went, who says he doesnt remember them singing "not enough londoners died". It has been massively blown out of propportion by the media looking for a story.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Morris said:
I heard BRIGHTON fans singing the Hitler songs at our Cup game last season and others making the gass hissing noise outside the ground.

Did you f***.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why would I lie.

There were about half a dozen middle aged scally types making hissing noises and having a right giggle outside the pub on the left hand side of Seven Sisters Road as you walk down from the station.

Were not being loud but clearly pissed up and thought it was a giggle.

After the game outside there were ten or so Brighton fans singing the Hitler song from behind the police directing it to home fans.

Only a MINORITY of about 10 people doing it. Ten people out of 5,600 but everyone seems willing to slate Hull City for something that could have been equally small numbers.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I have laughed at several distasteful jokes about the bombings. These things are quick to circulate about all sorts of things, Princess Diana dying springs to mind.

It's not very nice singing things about the bombings to the QPR fans, in the same way I wouldn't make a joke about Princess Diana to Prince William, for example.

But it goes on all the time to a lesser extent, songs about Tottenham, about Man U plane crash, the wheels on the bus go round round bump song that we sing about Palace.

It's not illegal, so I don't know what the police think they are going to do about it. A better solution would be the humiliation the minority get when the majority of Hull fans tell them to shut up.

Is singing that any worse than telling/laughing at sick jokes, which we've all done?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To be honest, I'm still quite concerned that some of the tossers that travel to our away games will do it up there, or against any other London club we come accross this year. We have these idiots at the albion, just like any other club.

Whilst I don't particularly like Hull as a club, I think its unfortunate that this media circus has ended up villifying and dirtying the name of the whole football club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Unfortunately this has gone on for years.
Like Dave I've heard the Leeds fans singing Munich songs to Man Utd and team going to Leeds have sung Galatasary to them.
Liverpool fans have had people taunting them about Heysel and Hillsborough.

There are a minority in any section of fans.
That's why stewards & police should be watching and listening at the time. These things can be dealt with straight away without it escalating the way the press is doing it.

I've seen Brighton fans being pulled out for obscene language so it can be done (Sunderland)

E

enigma

Richie Morris said:
Why would I lie.

There were about half a dozen middle aged scally types making hissing noises and having a right giggle outside the pub on the left hand side of Seven Sisters Road as you walk down from the station.

Were not being loud but clearly pissed up and thought it was a giggle.

After the game outside there were ten or so Brighton fans singing the Hitler song from behind the police directing it to home fans.

Only a MINORITY of about 10 people doing it. Ten people out of 5,600 but everyone seems willing to slate Hull City for something that could have been equally small numbers.

Doesn't surprise me. In the South Stand lst season people stood up when mark McCammon collapsed and hurled abuse at him, telling him they hoped he was ill and he was of no use to us anyway. While I don't rate the bloke he is a human being. It was the usual wankers in the south stand over towards the left hand side of the stand.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Superphil said:
I just hope that none of our fans drop a bollock and react when we play them, let's just hope they give it "town Full of Faggots" and we give them plenty of "in your northern slums" , "1-0 to the nancy boys" etc

Don't agree!

I think they deserve a 2 - 0 to the Nancy boys!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
It's not illegal but I bet if someone sang "Town full of Pakis" in Bradford THAT would be.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here