Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police launch investigation into Hull fans

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
thats so out of order - a colleague here went (QPR fan) and he said he couldn't believe it, it was clear as a bell and quite a few walked out!!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:
"They will at the very least be banned from the stadium for life?"

Summary justice arrives at Hull.

Might I venture that this is a bit of an over-reaction by Hull City? Yes, singing songs about the terrorism is pretty tasteless. But everyone's made a joke before and then thought better of it. I know I have.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Might I venture that this is a bit of an over-reaction by Hull City? Yes, singing songs about the terrorism is pretty tasteless. But everyone's made a joke before and then thought better of it. I know I have.
I hope no-one expects NSC moderators to start issuing life bans for tastelessness ...

:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose this trawls up the old "town full of poofters" debate.

Arsenal sang a song to the Tottenham fans years ago ( which Brighton fans also sang at Tottenham fans in the 70's)

Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz
Hitler's gonna gas em again.

To the tune of Ozzies on his way to wembley

And Leeds fans sing

Who's that lying on the tarmac,
Whose that Lying in the snow
Its matt Busby and his babes....etc etc

I think you are not going to stop people singing songs such as this, although I do accept that racist chantin has all but dissapeared to what it was in the 70's and 80's

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:

I reckon its a fairly just ban myself..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Trouble is if you start life banning people for singing unpleasant songs a lot of people should get banned when they play against us, it's all a matter of degree. As has been said before other equally unpleasant ditties have been chanted for years by other clubs. Distastful but it's the human condition.

The whole thing about Hull City has been blown out of proportion IMHO.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
bhaexpress said:
Trouble is if you start life banning people for singing unpleasant songs a lot of people should get banned when they play against us, it's all a matter of degree. As has been said before other equally unpleasant ditties have been chanted for years by other clubs. Distastful but it's the human condition.

The whole thing about Hull City has been blown out of proportion IMHO.

I'm not sure it has, its one thing singing 'unpleasant' things against us, 'town full of faggots' etc but its generally in jest and we give as good as we get, though singing about a town full of bombers when the chances are some of the qpr fans had friends/relatives injured/killed in the bombings is crossing the line imho. and this argument about 'it always happen, leeds have been singing songs about munich for years.......' etc etc doesnt make it acceptable, its delibarately trying to provoke a reaction. Ban the fuckers I say though anything worse than that would probably be a bit harsh

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It's a tough one, though, especially as it's so recent. The Busby Babes is different imho, they're the Man Utd team, not innocent bods getting on the underground. But the debate could go on forever...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
maffew said:
I'm not sure it has, its one thing singing 'unpleasant' things against us, 'town full of faggots' etc but its generally in jest and we give as good as we get, though singing about a town full of bombers when the chances are some of the qpr fans had friends/relatives injured/killed in the bombings is crossing the line imho. and this argument about 'it always happen, leeds have been singing songs about munich for years.......' etc etc doesnt make it acceptable, its delibarately trying to provoke a reaction. Ban the fuckers I say though anything worse than that would probably be a bit harsh

Fair dos but suppose, just suppose that Brighton was annouced sa having the 'Highest Incidents of Aids in the Country'. Now it doesn't take much immagination to know what'll happen next. I think it's sad to say (in either case) that more people die of AIDS thank terrorist bombs.

See what I mean ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think its also important to consider the drunken state of the perpetators.

The biggest modern tradition of a football match (especially away matches) for many fans is to drink as much as they can between opening time and kick off.

Was this song then started by a group of semi-drunk fans looking for a reaction with the away supporters and peer pressure amongst the surrounding fans carried it on and made it louder, without anybody really realising what they were singing.

Is what happenned really any different from the bad taste jokes that circulate pubs and internet sites after any disaster etc., there have been a number about suicide bombers (possibly on here) I have seen already

E

enigma

dave the gaffer said:

Arsenal sang a song to the Tottenham fans years ago ( which Brighton fans also sang at Tottenham fans in the 70's)

Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz
Hitler's gonna gas em again.

To the tune of Ozzies on his way to wembley

The irony is Arsenal themselves have many Jewish fans, probably as many as Spurs. David Dein himself is a Jew.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
enigma said:
The irony is Arsenal themselves have many Jewish fans, probably as many as Spurs. David Dein himself is a Jew.

I'm sure they all chuckled at the irony.....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
yes its a hard call to be fair - but it really is out of order so something has to be done... we can't be seen to condone that sort of behaviour....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here