Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police/In mate Tagging system, now Maxine Carr wants out!?!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Full story at BBC News Online, here's the jist:

Maxine Carr has applied for a tagging scheme that would allow her to be freed early from her three-and-a-half year jail term, imposed after the Soham case.
Her application has prompted changes to the Home Detention Curfew scheme.

The Home Office says final decisions to release and tag prisoners will not be made by prison governors in some cases.

Carr, 26, was convicted last month of conspiring to pervert the course of justice following the murders of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.

OK now I'm getting pissed off with everything governmental, CONVICTED criminals especially in cases like the above should no way in HELL be allowed to walk the streets no matter whether they are tagged or on 24hour surveilance (sp?).
Its bascially giving their freedom back and as reported on South Today earlier last year (boy my memories good) a convicted paedophile (memorys better than my spelling) who - whilst tagged - attemtped to kidnap a young boys fron a park.

Thats just once case of tagging not working but what does everyone else think?

Do you think that someone who gets a jail sentance should be allowed to be tagged and allowed to walk the streets?

Or like me do you think they should be locked up in a cell until they're final day?

If ist anything to do with over crowding of jails then the government MUST look into the reality of increasing jail sizes too cope...other wise criminals will be wandering around YOUR town 3 months into a 4 year sentance of a jail term....it just aint right. :angry:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
They have to stay at a given address between 7pm and 7am.

*Why do you think I spend so long on my computer>!

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
I'm all for tagging but only for selected cases.
Whats the point of tagging Carr................she is hardly likely to re affend.
In her case she should be made to see out the full length of her jail term.
Child molestors should be tagged for life.......................in fact they should be hung !!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Locky said:
Child molestors should be tagged for life.......................in fact they should be hung !!

By their balls! (or tits)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Locky said:

Now I disagree...they should NOT be tagged as they SHOULD be in jail for their entire sentance then maybe tagged on release or something. Giving them 5 years and letting them go onto tagging after 2 years is complete bollocks, the whole system needs to be chewed up and thought out properly otherwise we'll have convicted criminals going straight into tagging before they even set foot in a jail...disgraceful.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Firstly, the tagging scheme is only for non-violent offenders who have NOT been convicted of sex offences, child cruelty or racially-aggrevated offences.

Secondly, with the remand Carr has served she will have served half her sentence in the middle of May.

Try and get the facts before you start ranting please or else you risk sounding like 'Outraged of Tunbridge Wells' rather than a intelligent person.....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Let her out!!! Her life will be hell with a life expetancy I would guess of a week maybe 2!!! I would if I was her rather stay in there for me own safety!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ChutneyStirrer said:
Firstly, the tagging scheme is only for non-violent offenders who have NOT been convicted of sex offences, child cruelty or racially-aggrevated offences.

Secondly, with the remand Carr has served she will have served half her sentence in the middle of May.

Try and get the facts before you start ranting please or else you risk sounding like 'Outraged of Tunbridge Wells' rather than a intelligent person.....

Screw the facts I'm arguing the fact that conficted offenders - no matter what they have done - should be kept in jail and not on a shitty tagging system. Increase the jails, makes sentences harsher, make fines bigger so that people think about twice before doing criminal things!

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
Screw the facts I'm arguing the fact that conficted offenders - no matter what they have done - should be kept in jail and not on a shitty tagging system. Increase the jails, makes sentences harsher, make fines bigger so that people think about twice before doing criminal things!

And bring back the birch...??

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ok you've lost me with that one :dunce: :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here