OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
A lot of people had been saying that he said 'I couldn't give a monkeys'

Nothing wrong with that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Police drop Clattenburg probe after no victim comes forward

Police said in a statement: "Inquiries were made and no victims have come forward.

"The matter will remain as a recorded incident.

"Without a victim and/or any evidence that any offence has been committed, the matter cannot currently be investigated.

"If the situation changes and a victim and/or evidence to support an allegation of a crime comes to police attention, then further inquiries will, if appropriate, be made."

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
If he is found innocent by the FA too then the implications for Chelsea are absolutely huge. No credibility they basically made it up because they lost a football match - an utter disgrace!!!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Chelsea only complained to the FA - someone else made it a police matter.

Not that I think there is anything in the complaint anyway but yeah, let's keep it fair

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chelsea only complained to the FA - someone else made it a police matter.

They also made it public which they didn't need to do. I think Clattenburg has been in the clear for sometime, the dilemma for the FA is what to do with Chelsea; invading the officials room, making accusations, questioning the integrity of the officials.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Whoever made it a "police" matter should be arrested for wasting police time

What a load of bollox

Typical of the PC world we now live in

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Whoever made it a "police" matter should be arrested for wasting police time

What a load of bollox

Typical of the PC world we now live in

I doubt if its got anything to do with political correctness and everything to do with being bad losers. Both Chelsea and the complainant.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They also made it public which they didn't need to do. I think Clattenburg has been in the clear for sometime, the dilemma for the FA is what to do with Chelsea; invading the officials room, making accusations, questioning the integrity of the officials.

Surely the FA can only now conclude that nothing happened and close the investigation into the complaint.

Have you two learnt nothing from the Terry case? The FA investigation is independent of the police enquiry. They have their own process, which is due to have it's findings announced by the end of the week. The interviews have been concluded, the FA are currently in discussion with an independent QC. That the police have ended their investigation means nothing to the FA, except they don't have to delay theirs until after a court case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Least surprising news of the year. FA findings will no doubt say the same. Need a wide-ranging inquiry now into how Chelsea can attempt to stitch up a match official so disgracefully. They really are beneath contempt. Dock the bastards 20 points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have learnt from the FA ,having sat on their council, that they are a law unto themselves and make a decision and whether or not it is legally correct is totally immaterial because as a High Court judge once described them as being autonomous.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Dandyman

In London village.
Interesting. Need to see what the FA say, but might be interesting to see if Clattenburg has a case for defamation of character if they find there is no case to answer as well.

Least surprising news of the year. FA findings will no doubt say the same. Need a wide-ranging inquiry now into how Chelsea can attempt to stitch up a match official so disgracefully. They really are beneath contempt. Dock the bastards 20 points.

IF that is what comes out then I totally, 100% AGREE.

Points deduction, followed by a boycott of officials, therefore unable to fullfil fixtures resulting in more points deductions.

Shitty club needs teaching a lesson, I didn't believe it would ever be possible to find a football club more repugnent than Man U, but Terry and co have done it.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Interesting. Need to see what the FA say, but might be interesting to see if Clattenburg has a case for defamation of character if they find there is no case to answer as well.

Well he would surely have a case for loss of earnings apart from anything. Abramovich better dust off his cheque book

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here