Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police close Marine Parade - rumoured shooting

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It never ceases to amaze me that the amount of people confronted by armed police saying " Armed Police, Put The Gun Down Now " who don't realise the severity of the situation they have just found themselves in.

Remember, there's always a few of them and at any one time 2 out of the 3 if not all have, a bead on your solar plexus. So why do these lightweight " Big Vern's " think they have a chance of out shooting multiple armed officers who have a much better kill rate by the fact they can afford the ammo to practice.:dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It did with Jean Charles de Menezes.
We have a Brazilian guy at work and all his neighbours call him a p***. Armed officers running after somebody who hasn't used their Oyster card and jumped the barriers to get on the tube train might have thought the bloke was AQ.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
We have a Brazilian guy at work and all his neighbours call him a p***. Armed officers running after somebody who hasn't used their Oyster card and jumped the barriers to get on the tube train might have thought the bloke was AQ.

You absolute cretin.

CCTV footage was released years ago countering this piece of Police bullshit PR.

Watch this and then retract your statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7nL0A6ASM

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It did with Jean Charles de Menezes.

Not really the same, is it?

Ignoring the rights and wrongs of the intelligence and case as a whole, suspected terrorists will be dealt with differently as someone armed with a bomb (a willing martyr) is infinitely more dangerous than attempting to the public than a chap that is more likely to put down his weapon if he is surrounded.

Delightful neighbours. A poor and ridiculous summation of the Jean Claude de Menezes case. :nono:

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
3 unmarked policecars shot past work at about 1pm today, i would say that the first was touching 100 mph . i did wonder what the hurry was.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'll just add a comment to that.

Moved away from the area now, but until a year a go I lived 10 minutes away from Stockwell Tube Station and used to walk there every morning to get to work for over ten years.

The area around Clapham North, Stockwell and south of Vauxhall is heavily populated with Portuguese speakers. It's quite odd actually, I'm not aware of an another area in London like that, that is so heavily populated by people from a relatively nearby European country. It's even known as Little Portugal.

Walk through estates round there and will often hear it spoken as a first language. Ask a Portuguese person in London where they live (or have lived) and more common that not they say around South Lambeth Road.

I think I've made my point.

Because of that, Brazilians are far from uncommon and it's really very hard to mistake a South American for someone of North Africa or Pakistani origin if you live round there. I can't comment for Grimbsy, but for it to happen round there would be something quite remarkably stupid.

As for "jumping the barriers" I can also add something to that. I was actually in the Tube station that day and apparently I went down the escalator some time before him. I was told by the bloke who ran the small coffee shop in there, that sits right on the barriers and a newspaper seller.

Coincidently I was talking to the coffee shop man about the recent Tube bombings. I went down the escalator to board the Victoria Line but it was suspended or delayed I think. I walked across the concourse to the Northern Line, but I heard a Victoria train approaching and got on that instead. Those who don't know the station - the lines run parallel with each other each side of a narrow concourse.

Anyway - went to work and then couldn't believe the story that was unfolding and how I thankfully managed to miss it.

Next day, walked into the station and man from the newspaper stall called me over and asked what I had seen. I had bought a paper (like I did every morning) and he remembered me walking down just before. Had a longer conversation with the coffee shop man (who I had got to know better and was interviewed by the police) who also asked me the same thing. I missed it by who knows ?

Anyway - the newspaper bloke, didn't really see a lot but definitely didn't remember anyone running and jumping the barrier. The coffee shop man was much clearer. No-one jumped the barrier - he was feet away.

I was surprised when he told me that, because at the time the country was thinking something quite different. But as the enquiry and subsequent CCTV discovered, he was absolutely correct.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If Grimsby folk confuse a South American for a Pakistani (I assume the use of the word Paki would imply all sub continent Asians), then I would imagine that they would have trouble in this instance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here