Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police close Marine Parade - rumoured shooting

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
An Arsegas reporter has tweeted about this - anyone got any insight? ??

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looks like I may have to leave on my schoolrun a little early then

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
"Police are attending an incident in the Kemp Town area of Brighton. Armed officers were deployed to the scene around lunchtime as part of a pre-planned operation.

"A person has been shot by a police firearms unit and is currently receiving hospital treatment."

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
"Police are attending an incident in the Kemp Town area of Brighton. Armed officers were deployed to the scene around lunchtime as part of a pre-planned operation.

"A person has been shot by a police firearms unit and is currently receiving hospital treatment."

So, the police pre-planned to shoot someone ? That was thoughtful of them. Why didn't they have medics on hand then ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The man shot today died at the hospital

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Got all excited, I thought you meant Marine Parade in Worthing where I used to live.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So, the police pre-planned to shoot someone ? That was thoughtful of them. Why didn't they have medics on hand then ?

:facepalm:
They would have had medics on hand, that's what "pre-planned " means. Doesn't mean you don't take someone to hospital though does it?

Pre-planned doesn't mean they plan to shoot you, it just means it's not a spontaneous incident, and that various potential outcomes would be considered.

:facepalm:
They would have had medics on hand, that's what "pre-planned " means. Doesn't mean you don't take someone to hospital though does it?

Pre-planned doesn't mean they plan to shoot you, it just means it's not a spontaneous incident, and that various potential outcomes would be considered.

Really?

And there was me thinking the police had gone out of their way to kill someone.

Thanks for clearing that up.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Bloody hell Edna, I think you'll find there was a tongue firmly in a cheek when that line was thrown out, and you got hooked in front of hundreds of people!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bloody hell Edna, I think you'll find there was a tongue firmly in a cheek when that line was thrown out

Indeed it was, and I would not have tried to be flippant if I'd known someone had been seriously wounded - I just thought the posts were strangely worded.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh ok, furry muff :facepalm:

People do sometimes say pretty stupid things in these circumstances (usually on the Argus comments page) and I guess I thought that was another example. My bad :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh ok, furry muff :facepalm:

People do sometimes say pretty stupid things in these circumstances (usually on the Argus comments page) and I guess I thought that was another example. My bad :)

To be fair, the original Argus headline did read as though it was a pre-planned shooting but I guess the Argus isn't well known for it's accurate use of the English language.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here