Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Renault 5

Bollocks too slow.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What happened to the Renault 5 then?

What? The garlic munching work and soap dodging French trade-unionists who want an EU subsidy for not doing up the screws properly on every single f***ing Renault vehicle to leave the cheese eating surrender monkery over the channel? Those 5 brave compangnon who trussed themselves to a rather flimsily built car shouting " Egalitie' libertie, Fraternite"

Or did you mean the shitty spaz chariot?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No. We were the unlucky ones that couldn't get to coach 5 on the train before they closed the doors at Lewes. Then had to embark at Polegate, rush over the bridge to board the return train. Only they wouldn't open the doors, and we watched 12 empty carriages swan past.

Was that the Eastbourne train just after 10 oclock, I did notice that it left Lewes station much earlier than it usually does, the driver/guard obviously are not a patient as the usual ones.

Delboy Weststand

Dec 19, 2011
Yes. We were some of the last to get on the Falmer platform and were encouraged to board the rear carriages as there was ample room. They did not announce that only the first five coaches would open their doors until the train had virtually stopped at Lewes. Alas, insufficient time to alight from said train.

Delboy Weststand

Dec 19, 2011
Was that the Eastbourne train just after 10 oclock, I did notice that it left Lewes station much earlier than it usually does, the driver/guard obviously are not a patient as the usual ones.

Yes. We were some of the last to get on the Falmer platform and were encouraged to board the rear carriages as there was ample room. They did not announce that only the first five coaches would open their doors until the train had virtually stopped at Lewes. Alas, insufficient time to alight from said train.

Delboy Weststand

Dec 19, 2011
And it's the 5 missing ones we need to be worrying about. I am presuming that the original poster is one of the band of brothers known as "the polegate 6" so is, presumably, already at liberty. He is seeking the safe return of the others? Am I,perhaps,reading too much into this whole sorry f***ing saga?

We all got to Lewes okay, then drifted away. My son and I drove back to Burgess Hill, but the bridge at Worlds End (Wivelsfield Station) was closed for repairs, so we had to drive around Burgess Hill to get to the other side. I finally got back to Haywards Heath just before midnight. Wife not amused as she didn't get her Kebab!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

The Eastbourne train has always been first three coaches only open at Lewes, they were very poor about announcements on Tuesday if I remember, normally they are very good, as I said very poor from the guard and they alway wait longer at Lewes, much longer than they did Tuesday. We always get on the train right at the front, although it sounds like you didn't get much choice. Still, you won't make that mistake again.

Delboy Weststand

Dec 19, 2011
The Eastbourne train has always been first three coaches only open at Lewes, they were very poor about announcements on Tuesday if I remember, normally they are very good, as I said very poor from the guard and they alway wait longer at Lewes, much longer than they did Tuesday. We always get on the train right at the front, although it sounds like you didn't get much choice. Still, you won't make that mistake again.

Certainly wont. We normally work our way to the front as well. Next time will probably wait for the next one. Why do all the travellers to Brighton get away quicker than we do?? Are we less important??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
We all got to Lewes okay, then drifted away. My son and I drove back to Burgess Hill, but the bridge at Worlds End (Wivelsfield Station) was closed for repairs, so we had to drive around Burgess Hill to get to the other side. I finally got back to Haywards Heath just before midnight. Wife not amused as she didn't get her Kebab!!

Thanks for the update. Your wife didn't get her kebab you say?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Whatever happened to the Party Seven?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The magnificent seven! The gang of four? The sixth element?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here