Points Required

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
With 71 points scored and 36 more points available, the required targets are

Champions (98 target) - 27
Promotion (96) - 25
Play0ffs (89) - 18

So, in theory, the earliest the first target of playoffs could be acheived, is Dag and Red (A) [ assuming MKDons lose their 2 matches ]

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I love looking at these predictions for end of season points. A couple of weeks ago the opinion was 82 points should be enough, then the next week 88 points and now THIS!

No one is going to win all there games between now and the end of the season. If we carry on at our average of two points per game that will see us home and dry and hopefully before we play Saints and Huddersfield at home.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
With 71 points scored and 36 more points available, the required targets are

Champions (98 target) - 27
Promotion (96) - 25
Play0ffs (89) - 18

So, in theory, the earliest the first target of playoffs could be acheived, is Dag and Red (A) [ assuming MKDons lose their 2 matches ]

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Not quite sure where you get your target figures from - I guess you're assuming everyone else wins all their games, which can't happen. To my mind, 85 will probably be enough for an automatic spot. If we win our next 3 games, which is do-able, but not a foregone conclusion, we ought to be pretty much sorted.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
6 wins will see us up

Unlikely, given the form Peterborough have discovered lately. Southampton are starting to look a real threat too.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Unlikely, given the form Peterborough have discovered lately. Southampton are starting to look a real threat too.

6 wins will still get us up i reckon saints and Peterborough will still lose at least two games each. Panic not.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If we don't get promoted on 86 points, then it will mean a record haul for those teams in 2nd and 3rd.

86 points will be enough

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agree with Goring, 6 wins will do it but I reckon 89 points are needed the way everyone's going.

Saints results are good but my mate who's a big fan reckons they played crap against Yeovil and Swindon and only beat Colchester because of red card for the opposition.

I reckon Charlton will bounce back any minute ... no threat but they've still to play Saints (twice) Bourn and Hudd and may influence outcome

Plus a few 6 pointers for others ... we could be home by the time our first comes along

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
71 points with 12 games remaining.

Assuming they win every game, Huddersfield would still need us to lose the three games in hand, plus two others (the points gap - 5 plus goal difference) before they get ahead of us. So of our last 12 matches, we would need to win 7 to guarantee being above Huddersfield. And that assumed they win all of their last nine games.

Assuming they win every game, Peterborough would still need us to lose the two games in hand, plus two others and a draw (the points gap - 6 plus goal difference) before they get ahead of us. So of our last 12 matches, we would need to win 7 to guarantee being above Peterborough. And that assumed they win all of their last ten games.

Assuming they win every game, Southampton would still need us to lose three games and draw one before they get ahead of us. So of our last 12 matches, we would need to win 8 to guarantee being above Southampton. And that assumed they win all of their last twelve games.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Based on these stats, I'd happily take a point on saturday if Notts County and Swindon are nailed on home wins. So 7pts from our next three will be very nice.

That would give us 78 points with 9 games remaining. Even if we then only get 15 points from those remaining 9 games ( out of a possible 27 points ) that still gives us 93 points. Surely that would be more than enough !!!! So next 3 games are very important.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Assuming they win every game, Huddersfield would still need us to lose the three games in hand, plus two others (the points gap - 5 plus goal difference) before they get ahead of us. So of our last 12 matches, we would need to win 7 to guarantee being above Huddersfield. And that assumed they win all of their last nine games.

Assuming they win every game, Peterborough would still need us to lose the two games in hand, plus two others and a draw (the points gap - 6 plus goal difference) before they get ahead of us. So of our last 12 matches, we would need to win 7 to guarantee being above Peterborough. And that assumed they win all of their last ten games.

Assuming they win every game, Southampton would still need us to lose three games and draw one before they get ahead of us. So of our last 12 matches, we would need to win 8 to guarantee being above Southampton. And that assumed they win all of their last twelve games.

CONCLUSION: seven wins from 12 and we will get automatic promotion even if the others win every game. 8 wins and we are Champions. If they drop points, the number of wins required drops very quickly.

BlueWhiteStripes

Jul 6, 2003
Since the introduction of 3 points for a win - in 28 of those 29 seasons - 92 points has guaranteed automatic promotion from this division. This is also the 2 points per game target which we have been close to all season..achieve that and we are up.
So 7 wins/ 5 defeats or 6 wins/2 draws/4 defeats and we are there..

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I have been thinking that 83 is the magic no., however a few of the teams are on a really good run - still think that 86 should see us up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't the new target 101 points ???

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Ferguson jnr has said that PBoro may need to win every game to guarantee promotion, which would give them 95 points and i think he could be right.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Since the introduction of 3 points for a win - in 28 of those 29 seasons - 92 points has guaranteed automatic promotion from this division. This is also the 2 points per game target which we have been close to all season..achieve that and we are up.
So 7 wins/ 5 defeats or 6 wins/2 draws/4 defeats and we are there..

Sorry, but I think past seasons are irrelevant now. TRHK is on the right lines, based on current facts.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Unless my maths is wrong - those points targets are incorrect:

If Huddersfield win two more games than us between now and the end of the season, they will finish above us.

If Peterborough win three more games then us between now and the end of the season, they will finish above us.

If Southampton win four more games than us between now and the end of the season, they will finish above us.

You need to add one more win for us into each of your scenarios.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here