Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points raised on NSC tonight

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm not going to have a go at Poyet tonight (even though I am not in the slightest bit surprised by the result) but Two things that puzzle me about comments NSC tonight.

Everyone, including Gus is writing this performance off as "its only the cup we can concentrate on the league" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont recall we had any cup distractions when we only won one out of the last ten games last season??

Second point, in a number of threads people are listing the likes of CMS, LuaLua, Buckley and "the gem" will be back soon so we'll be fine. But who do you bring them in for and who do you leave out, and how often did these players play together last year, so why does anyone think their return will make a difference?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Who do you leave out? Harley for one, you have to question why Sparrow can't make the bench but Harley starts.
Noone drops to the bench and replaced by Buckley.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I'm not going to have a go at Poyet tonight (even though I am not in the slightest bit surprised by the result) but Two things that puzzle me about comments NSC tonight.

Everyone, including Gus is writing this performance off as "its only the cup we can concentrate on the league" Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont recall we had any cup distractions when we only won one out of the last ten games last season??

Second point, in a number of threads people are listing the likes of CMS, LuaLua, Buckley and "the gem" will be back soon so we'll be fine. But who do you bring them in for and who do you leave out, and how often did these players play together last year, so why does anyone think their return will make a difference?

WARNING ..........EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME THREAD.

I think we are all aware of you thoughts from the 50 other posts tonight!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
WARNING ..........EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME THREAD.

I think we are all aware of you thoughts from the 50 other posts tonight!
Not at all. Answer me thread. There are three catchphrases tonight, and anyone who dares to critise Poyet is getting hammered.

We lost 3-0 to f***ing Swindon. We have won three games on the road since mid-september, We had TWO WHOLE shots on target tonight.

I am generally interested to know why people think everything will be fine on Saturday at Hull?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Who do you leave out? Harley for one, you have to question why Sparrow can't make the bench but Harley starts.
Noone drops to the bench and replaced by Buckley.
So who would you bring in Crofts or Sparrow. I just dont think Crofts and Buckley would have made much difference tonight. The system is so obviosuly flawed, but everyone defends Gus to the hilt. He has the players, can't and wont fault him on the squad he's built , he doesn't have the system.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Kuszczak
Bruno - Dunk - Greer - Bridge
Bridcutt
Buckley - Crofts - Vicente
CMS - Barnes

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Kuszczak
Bruno - Dunk - Greer - Bridge
Bridcutt
Buckley - Crofts - Vicente
CMS - Barnes
I'd go along with that. But never going to happen. We're blessed if he plays one striker these days, let alone go all gun ho and play with two. I mean what manager would do that :lol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm not sure I agree with you on this.

Ultimately it is players who win matches, not systems.
I think he does. I know you say they all come from XXX club and XXX reserves, but they are good squad of players. He just refuses to use them in a system that works (3 wins in 23 on the road would suggest it doesn't). He signs CMS for £3m and a year later the striker wants out. Despite the spin put on it, Vicente was all but forced back here. Despite everyone trying to be positive, something is not right within the club at the moment, despite us finishing in our best position for 20 odd years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a difference of opinion. You think the players are better than I do. I would have sold Noone to Cardiff in January for example, old fashioned winger who can't cross, great to watch but ultimately creates and scores little at this level.

This is a very tough division, we're still not used to it. Opposing teams have plenty of good players too and I don't think you give them enough credit for it.

How many of our players would have got in the Southampton team last season for example? Bridcutt probably, Buckley on his day. Greer might sneak in. I would pick Lambert and Sharp over CMS every time, better keeper

I don't think Emile Heskey would have made any difference tonight either, but it's just my opinion too.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
It's a difference of opinion. You think the players are better than I do. I would have sold Noone to Cardiff in January for example, old fashioned winger who can't cross, great to watch but ultimately creates and scores little at this level.

This is a very tough division, we're still not used to it. Opposing teams have plenty of good players too and I don't think you give them enough credit for it.

How many of our players would have got in the Southampton team last season for example? Bridcutt probably, Buckley on his day. Greer might sneak in. I would pick Lambert and Sharp over CMS every time, better keeper

I don't think Emile Heskey would have made any difference tonight either, but it's just my opinion too.

I agree..... Suarez wouldnt have scored tonight...he would have hardly touched the ball ! Think anyone watching from Cardiff will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that they didnt waste their money on Nooney !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here