Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points next season

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Oh great, the f***ing joy brigade of Bens Grandad and Berkshire Seagull are back!! Knight out! We're going to lose every single game! We'll only get 10 points next season because we're going to lose every single away game! Falmer's not going to happen, everyone knows that! Knight out! McGhee out! I hate watching Brighton, we're so shit! Knight out!

Must have been a real bastard for you two when we won the play-off final. All that happiness and excitement must have been unbearable. Still that's all forgotten and can be dismissed as the freak result it so obviously was. With 5 weeks before the season starts we're already relegated with the worst ever points total in league history. That is some going, even for the Albion.

Berkshire, I thought you gave up watching the Albion last season, so why you should give a f*** what players we buy I don't know. I hope that neither of you are tempted to actually watch Brighton this season since the whole season is going to be terrible, FACT.

Bens Grandad, since you obviously have a major problem with Dick Knight it's quite obvious he can NEVER do right in your eyes. Every single thing he does is wrong in your eyes. I really hope you haven't got a season ticket for next season because it's going to so dreadful I just don't know how you're going to survive it.

Yep, maybe we should just scratch from the competition. I mean, how can we possibly compete with the likes of Crewe, Rotherham, QPR, Plymouth etc? Why can't we follow the sound business plans of Bradford City? They spent shit loads of money on over-rated, over-paid, players and look at them now! Geoffery Richmond, now there's a man who can get things done! George Reynolds, he knew the score!

Sorry to disappoint you two but i'm actually (gasp) looking forward to next season. I'm looking forward to SUPPORTING the team, getting behind them and generally being optimistic. I know this probably makes me a stooge or something, probably one of Knights cronies, but that's just the way I am dammit. I wish I could be as miserable as you two, I wish I could find it in my heart to carp and mock everything the club does but i'm just not built that way. Sorry.

You know, football is pretty hard to predict. Greece for the European Championship finals anyone? Who backed FC Porto to win the Champions League? We went into this division two years ago and essentially gave every other team a 12 game head start, and we STILL took the season to last day. There's a strong case for saying that if Stoke hadn't gone on a run to 5th round of the FA Cup, we'd have stayed in that division. We didn't splash the cash too much that season, we battled and we fought and we took it right to the wire. You know something? I enjoyed it. Funny I know, but watching the Albion destroy Wolves, beat Forest and hold Pompey, that was quite good. You know something else? I think we'll give it a f***ing good go this season as well. It's bloody irrational and there isn't a whole lot of evidence but dammit that's the way I yam. I think the team has that sort of thinking as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It may suprise ex shelton to know that I have bought my three season tickets for the coming season and hopefully will for many seasons to come and like everybody was eccstatic about winning at Cardiff but if we are to move up a gear ie. another division then the preperation and planning has got to be better.

I have full confidence in Mark McGhee and his ability in this division the major concern is that the players by and large have proved that they are not good enough for this division. Why else would MM only give contracts for 3 months he must think the same?

Let us get it right from the start of the season - I have no problem with Dick Knight as a person or as his intentions and ambitions what I do have reservations about is his financial ability to keep this club going forward. In an ideal world I would hope that Prescott will give permission for Falmer and then Dick Knight be honest and say" I have saved the club, brought you back to Brighton got you Three promotions but that is far as I can go I will resign if somebody can take us the next step on" To do this and not be taking backward steps we need to consolidate in this divisiion this season.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Oh great, the f***ing joy brigade of Bens Grandad and Berkshire Seagull are back!! Knight out! We're going to lose every single game! We'll only get 10 points next season because we're going to lose every single away game! Falmer's not going to happen, everyone knows that! Knight out! McGhee out! I hate watching Brighton, we're so shit! Knight out!

Must have been a real bastard for you two when we won the play-off final. All that happiness and excitement must have been unbearable. Still that's all forgotten and can be dismissed as the freak result it so obviously was. With 5 weeks before the season starts we're already relegated with the worst ever points total in league history. That is some going, even for the Albion.

Berkshire, I thought you gave up watching the Albion last season, so why you should give a f*** what players we buy I don't know. I hope that neither of you are tempted to actually watch Brighton this season since the whole season is going to be terrible, FACT.

Bens Grandad, since you obviously have a major problem with Dick Knight it's quite obvious he can NEVER do right in your eyes. Every single thing he does is wrong in your eyes. I really hope you haven't got a season ticket for next season because it's going to so dreadful I just don't know how you're going to survive it.

Yep, maybe we should just scratch from the competition. I mean, how can we possibly compete with the likes of Crewe, Rotherham, QPR, Plymouth etc? Why can't we follow the sound business plans of Bradford City? They spent shit loads of money on over-rated, over-paid, players and look at them now! Geoffery Richmond, now there's a man who can get things done! George Reynolds, he knew the score!

Sorry to disappoint you two but i'm actually (gasp) looking forward to next season. I'm looking forward to SUPPORTING the team, getting behind them and generally being optimistic. I know this probably makes me a stooge or something, probably one of Knights cronies, but that's just the way I am dammit. I wish I could be as miserable as you two, I wish I could find it in my heart to carp and mock everything the club does but i'm just not built that way. Sorry.

You know, football is pretty hard to predict. Greece for the European Championship finals anyone? Who backed FC Porto to win the Champions League? We went into this division two years ago and essentially gave every other team a 12 game head start, and we STILL took the season to last day. There's a strong case for saying that if Stoke hadn't gone on a run to 5th round of the FA Cup, we'd have stayed in that division. We didn't splash the cash too much that season, we battled and we fought and we took it right to the wire. You know something? I enjoyed it. Funny I know, but watching the Albion destroy Wolves, beat Forest and hold Pompey, that was quite good. You know something else? I think we'll give it a f***ing good go this season as well. It's bloody irrational and there isn't a whole lot of evidence but dammit that's the way I yam. I think the team has that sort of thinking as well.
Did you enjoy that silly little runt?
Fact is i don't have a problem with dick night as a person,but he isn't the man to take this club to its heights again i can promise you,well it doesn't matter how many games i go to does it as i go to games unlike many supporters.

Its straight forward rocket science what needs to be done on the playing side yet as usual he keep the same squad with no ambition to consolidate in the first.
I am looking forward to next season and may hit a few more grounds who knows:rolleyes: see the thing is i would like to see a bit more ambition and yes we have been skint far to long now and i feel in good time i.e falmer the money will flow and the club can finally do something.

Lets be honest the only way we can possibly get players in is to release players,but the pea brains somehow think the current squad is good enough in which my opion is that the squad is dire bar the defence and needs new blood fast.

Why does the club go quiet all summer?
why is it so hard to release crap players?

Same old story although seriously the club is potless and always will be until an investor comes in.
Yes the final was superb and a great day out and we have to be the most fortunate side ever to go up and play like a relagated team all season mmmmm.

Or maybe mr knight is one lucky bloody omen who gets all these trophys for spending nout,when will the luck run out????
:drink: :smokin: :smokin:

Albion Rob

My honest opinion is that we can't survive in that division with the current squad. However, I have every confidence that even if we bring in just a striker and maybe a defender it will make the world of difference.

Don't forget, having Rodger and Blackwell back will be like having two new signings compared to last season and both are seasoned pros.

At this stage I have every confidence we can stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here