Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts

Does anyone use these and, if so, which ones? I don't have an IPOD or a half decent mp3 player but have recently delved into this world and started downloading and burning to CD's to listen to during my endless hours of driving.

I've downloaded a few different ones and some are OK, some are terrible. Top of the Pods is quite fun - 2 guys from Peterborough just chatting about their own Top 10 lists. 2 of their Top 10 ways to waste £1 million were to buy the house next to Bernard Manning and give it to ethnic minorities and to throw a party for tramps. :lolol:

So, any suggestions or am I the old Podcaster?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I recently got a glimpse into this world and am very intrigued but as yet haven't found any 'casts that have really interested me. I like the sound of the top of the pods though, if you wanna let me know where to find it.

Problem I have is that I listen to so much music on my iPod that I don't know if I have time for these podcasts too. I just feel I'm too impatient and I'd simply skip forward onto my tunes as soon as I got bored of listening.

I need to be tempted by some proper quality podcasts.

Feed me with links

Here is one big site :-

http://www.podcast.net/

I also use podcastalley.com but that seems to be down at the moment.

Here is a page about Top of the Pods

http://odeo.com/channel/4017/view

Not too sure how you podcast - I just download the mp3's.

There is some junk out there but I've only downloaded a few. Geek Speak Radio quite appealed in an "At least I'm not as geeky as these guys" kind of way and there is some interesting stuff for pseduo nerds like me in amongst the endless discussion of Sci Fi series.

Also a very strange guy from Worthing called Richard Vobes who interviews his kids and old people. :lolol:

zakthemack

Aug 9, 2005
Columbus, OH USA
5 Live does a rumor mill podcast once a week I believe. Apart from that I'm not sure. If anyone knows of any football related podcasts I'd be interested in subscribing to more.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Last season 5 live put out Fighting Talk for download. Well worth a listen.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Could the phone in after the match be turned into a Podcast so that if you are at an awaygame you can listen to it on your return?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here