Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocket Money for Kids

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brighton Bloke said:
What is the going rate for a fairly naughty child?
Depends where you go.
I got one for about 150 pesos a night in Mexico, but I'm sure you could shop around.

:thumbsup:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I was given most of my family allowance when i was 14.I brought my first season ticket with it

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
For hoovering, cleaning and making an effort at school my boy gets a seasoon ticket at Withdean and the odd away trip when the boys dont get too boozy - some might say I am a cruel father

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Pocket Money for Kids

Easy 10 said:
Depends where you go.
I got one for about 150 pesos a night in Mexico, but I'm sure you could shop around.

Genuine LOL.

:lol:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
rogue said:
I was given most of my family allowance when i was 14.I brought my first season ticket with it

My kids dont even know family allowance exists!!! I'd never hear the last of it if they did! Mind you they will benefit from it eventually cos I've been fortunate enough to be able to stash it away over the years, its going towards their college funds etc

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Brighton Bloke said:
Ooooh that would be difficult..is it not a good idea to show contempt if they waste it on sweets and rubbish. Would it not be a good idea to encourage some form of saving
that my point they all have good savings,and know its important to put some by

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Our 16 year old doesn't get anything as he's got a part time job at Sainsburys but he gets all his washing done and his meals cooked and basically lives in a hotel so he does all right.

The 13 year old gets £50 a month but this is subject to fines for not cleaning her room, not bringing her washing down and other sundry misdemeanors! At this moment in time she owes us £14,627.46!!

The two little ones get money in their piggy banks.

PLUS what the grandparents dole out.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
My Daughter did an early morning paper round, and I used to worry from the moment she left the house untill when she got back.
I ended up telling her to quit and I'ld give here a weekly allowance for doing stuff round the house.
She is now the laziest moo I know and as such has not recieved a penny!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Pocket Money for Kids

Easy 10 said:
Depends where you go.

How come I knew that you jump straight in with your size 10s with that line.

Sir, you are a reprobate of the highest order!!

:p

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
all the kids 5,7 and 10 do little jobs to earn money 10p a job , cleaning shoes, tidying room, washing up, taking rubbish out, loading dishwasher, stting table ie all jobs pay the same whether it be 2 minutes or 10 minutes son earns around, eldest earns around £3 a week that way.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Re: Re: Re: Pocket Money for Kids

Race said:
A paper rounds is such a shit job for kids to do and the money is crap. I know in one sense it points them in the right direction, but we discouraged the eldest from a paper round, I said I'd rather pay her to to do some housework. I know housework is a crap job but at least she wouldnt be out in the dark and cold doing it for peanuts!
And you get your housework done for you while you do the important things in life............like being on here for instance:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Eggmundo said:
My Daughter did an early morning paper round, and I used to worry from the moment she left the house untill when she got back.
I ended up telling her to quit and I'ld give here a weekly allowance for doing stuff round the house.
She is now the laziest moo I know and as such has not recieved a penny!

I wouldn't let my kids do a daily paper round, as I did one myself for a year, and I felt my school work suffered. Plus it was slave wages.

However,both my boys did a weekly delivery, on a Thursday afternoon, for the Citizen (or was it the leader?).

They both have had various jobs but I still pay for the larger things (and lend fivers and tenners that never seem to be paid back!). I think it's good that they so something to appreciate the value of money.

If I could just get them to bring their bloody cups and plates downstairs! and if they could stop using several towells a day, my Mrs would stop giving ME serious earache! :rolleyes:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Buzza said:
I wouldn't let my kids do a daily paper round, as I did one myself for a year, and I felt my school work suffered. Plus it was slave wages.

However,both my boys did a weekly delivery, on a Thursday afternoon, for the Citizen (or was it the leader?).

They both have had various jobs but I still pay for the larger things (and lend fivers and tenners that never seem to be paid back!). I think it's good that they so something to appreciate the value of money.

If I could just get them to bring their bloody cups and plates downstairs! and if they could stop using several towells a day, my Mrs would stop giving ME serious earache! :rolleyes:

The citizen was worse.You have to deliver a thick wad of papers for peanuts.I gave that up and carried on with my morning round.To be honest it's to risky to allow youg girls to do paper rounds these days.Everyone talks about when they were young but i thought the eighties were just as safe as back then

Last edited:

1066gull

I started getting pocket money when I was 11, and it started off at £4 a week.

I then done indidual tasks that I could earn extra money on top of the weekly allowance. This weekly allowance grown to a fiver when I was 13. I then started babysitting and it stood stum at a fiver.

Now I don't get an PM as I got a computer bought for me.

Im 16 now. Way bigger then Lenny.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Race said:
:ohmy:

I'm feeling a tad stingy now :lolol:

Joining the stingy club! Cal who is almost 8 gets 10p per correct spelling. And 50p on a Wednesday after football training.

Ceskca and Anastasia are too little to know what money is at the moment thankfully.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
My 6 year old daughter gets £3 a week .

But if she has been misbehaving, or hasn't kept her room tidy, it gets reduced.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
bakesy said:
My 6 year old daughter gets £3 a week .

But if she has been misbehaving, or hasn't kept her room tidy, it gets reduced.

Thats cruelty.I'll be on the phone to social services first thing tomorrrow.No wonder there are appeals on tv to help with nspcc.Thank god i give two pounds a month:D

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Pocket Money for Kids

bakesy said:
And you get your housework done for you while you do the important things in life............like being on here for instance:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sssssshhhhhh

I see it more as training her up properly so she can add 'domestic technician' to her C.V. when shes older! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here