Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth to be deducted 10 points

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Not trying to defend that Saints fan, but we did actually clear all our debts.

Yes I know that but I remember all the whining and wailing before your sugar daddy stepped in, seems that some of your fans should.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The good point for us is that they havent been wound up thus not completing the season so our points are safe and they will probably see the season out ok. Not good from an Argyle fans view but from ours it could have been worse.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I rather hope they get a decent reception tomorrow night, and don't have to listen to any tossers singing "one Peter Ridsdale" or whatever.

Size-wise they're not so different to us: there but for the grace of God (well, Tony Bloom) go we.

Still want three points obviously, but let's be generous off the pitch at least.

At least it would be a new song from us!

Seriously though, I suggested about 6 months ago on here if we could do anything along the Fans United route, down to the fact that it was one of theirs that started ours, and he did it via the internet when I doubt many of us on here knew what the internet was.

I certainly didn't know back then what the internet was.

Imagine if we'd have had the internet then as we know it now, our saga with Archer et al would more than likely been concluded sooner, with our campaigns being even more ingenious, because of debated thoughts put over in an instant, for everyone to debate, as opposed to a smoke filled bar at the Cliftonville.

So, young guns, with computer savvy, sort it out and let's all do a Fans United for Plymouth Argyle.

Remember, what goes around comes around..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At least it would be a new song from us!

Seriously though, I suggested about 6 months ago on here if we could do anything along the Fans United route, down to the fact that it was one of theirs that started ours, and he did it via the internet when I doubt many of us on here knew what the internet was.

I certainly didn't know back then what the internet was.

Imagine if we'd have had the internet then as we know it now, our saga with Archer et al would more than likely been concluded sooner, with our campaigns being even more ingenious, because of debated thoughts put over in an instant, for everyone to debate, as opposed to a smoke filled bar at the Cliftonville.

So, young guns, with computer savvy, sort it out and let's all do a Fans United for Plymouth Argyle.

Remember, what goes around comes around..

Rather needs to be something original though, all the subsequent Fans United days done by us and other clubs haven't been a patch on the first one.

What to do, what to do?? I'm sure a fair few on here would happily help out by heading down to Plymouth (!) but all our games in the near future are likely to be crucial and I can't see many people giving up a vital Albion fixture for a Plymouth relegation clash.

Might actually be better- and more impactive- if clubs banded together for an Argyle away game. Imagine the home team's reaction if hundreds more fans than expected turned up, all kitted out in their own colours??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather needs to be something original though, all the subsequent Fans United days done by us and other clubs haven't been a patch on the first one.

What to do, what to do?? I'm sure a fair few on here would happily help out by heading down to Plymouth (!) but all our games in the near future are likely to be crucial and I can't see many people giving up a vital Albion fixture for a Plymouth relegation clash.

Might actually be better- and more impactive- if clubs banded together for an Argyle away game. Imagine the home team's reaction if hundreds more fans than expected turned up, all kitted out in their own colours??

Whilst I appreciate and agree with the idea you have suggested I do think that a lot of people will adopt the attitude of 'this is done by the existing board why should we give them more money to fritter away'.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Whilst I appreciate and agree with the idea you have suggested I do think that a lot of people will adopt the attitude of 'this is done by the existing board why should we give them more money to fritter away'.

if it could be an argyle away the argyle board woudn't see any of the money, and the visual impact of various teams fans would hopefully in itself generate some media coverage?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Sense

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
An away game for them would be a bloody good idea.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
if it could be an argyle away the argyle board woudn't see any of the money, and the visual impact of various teams fans would hopefully in itself generate some media coverage?

Hadn't thought of it in those terms, but that makes a lot of sense too.

Would have to see what games they have left, and what games we have, to see whether it would be do-able. Could be good though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
March 1st they're away at Orient, while we're at Yeovil.

Much as I'm sure the normal hardcore will be singing the lads on in Somerset, perhaps those who had no plans to do Yeovil wouldn't be so averse to a trip to Orient? It's not far, and comes with the added bonus that we could COMPLETELY confuse Scott McGleish by peppering him with BOOS from deep inside the Argyle section.
:clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The good point for us is that they havent been wound up thus not completing the season so our points are safe and they will probably see the season out ok. Not good from an Argyle fans view but from ours it could have been worse.

:rolleyes:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

Bg, I am truly lost for words. :wrong:

Anyhows, young guns on the net, do it!

FOOTBALL ,UNITED ,WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Much as I'm sure the normal hardcore will be singing the lads on in Somerset, perhaps those who had no plans to do Yeovil wouldn't be so averse to a trip to Orient? It's not far, and comes with the added bonus that we could COMPLETELY confuse Scott McGleish by peppering him with BOOS from deep inside the Argyle section.

Already got my Yeovil ticket, but yes, this would be most amusing. "Scoooot McGleish.. is a .."

He'll be like "For fucks SAKE, what have I done to THEM?" :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Already got my Yeovil ticket, but yes, this would be most amusing. "Scoooot McGleish.. is a .."

He'll be like "For fucks SAKE, what have I done to THEM?" :lol:

:lolol: Imagine the puzzled look on his fat face.

Though thinking about it, that game is 2 weeks away, which is bound to be moved now for the Arsenal replay??

Hopefully they'll reschedule it for a night we're not playing, as I would be bang up for that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Nice idea :) but they need the money not Barry Hearn.
I'm going to Yeovil anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here