Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From their website:

RIDSDALE AT THE HELM
Posted on: Thu 30 Dec 2010

FURTHER to the announcement that Sir Roy Gardner has stepped down as Chairman, and the announcement that Keith Todd is relinquishing his cxecutive responsibilities, Plymouth Argyle announce that Peter Ridsdale will work as Football Consultant to the Board, initially until February 8, 2011.

Peter will work closely with Deputy Chairman Paul Stapleton and the rest of the Board to try to find a way of bringing financial stability to the club.

Peter Ridsdale commented: "It is a privilege to be asked to work with the Directors of Plymouth Argyle at this difficult time in the club's history.

"From what I have seen, the financial situation is precarious and no one should underestimate the challenge that faces this club in surviving the short-term financial pressures.

"The supporters, staff, manager and players have been magnificent during these difficult times and we will do all that we can to give the club the chance to avoid administration and to rebuild for the future.

"I ask everyone connected with Plymouth Argyle, the political and business communities in Plymouth, our creditors, and anyone else who feels that they can contribute, to work with us to find a positive outcome.

"I initially came to talk to Argyle regarding investment but, frankly, the true financial position that became apparent was significantly worse than had been volunteered.

"It therefore requires a different focus before traditional investment can be considered.

"Everyone will be working together to produce a positive outcome."

In otherwords, Ridsdale will dump the debt once the Rev have withdrawn the winding up order. Once the debt has gone, he will invest. What a shit this man is.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Risdale hangs around football like a bad smell. He is a potent symbol of all that is rotten about the way football is run. :nono:

What amazes me is that anyone is still stupid enough to lend money to (or be owed money by) football clubs, and also that HMRC doesn't act sooner to demand the taxpayer gets paid.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I hope the fee for Noone helps them stabilise and move forward

I think the fee we are paying will go towards the Revenue bill. I really suspect that the other creditors will be asked to "contribute towards a positive outcome" by accepting a massively reduced payment from the club. Not sure if this means Plymouth would lose points - almost certainly I would think. Which makes League Two almost inevitable.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
worrying that his role is only for 6 weeks initially - it seems such a short space of time when the only changes that can realistically be made are the offloading of players and to maybe persuade relatively minor creditors to defer for a period (won't wash with HMRC this time I think). If they can get the revenue off their backs presumably Ridsdale will take them into administration and "rescue" them from there. If not I think HMRC will close them down completely.....they've been trying and it's been coming to the world of league football for long enough.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think the fee we are paying will go towards the Revenue bill. I really suspect that the other creditors will be asked to "contribute towards a positive outcome" by accepting a massively reduced payment from the club. Not sure if this means Plymouth would lose points - almost certainly I would think. Which makes League Two almost inevitable.

It does read like that. I look forward to strengthening our squad, but feel really sorry for the PAFC fans to see their best players go and the real prospect of relegation come closer, just hope it is enough to keep them in business.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To be honest it's about time that football clubs were stopped from running up these huge debts - You or I wouldn't be allowed to do so, so why should clubs get away with it. I'd hate to see a club go bust for teh sake of it's fans but a company would go if it didn't pay it's debts.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
just read his sermon on their website and his plan seems simple enough - sell all the best players on Jan 1st to pay off the debts and get the transfer embargo lifted, then get loads of loanees in to keep them in L1. He also states he's not being paid - can't believe he's doing it for nothing! The only problem with his plan is no other bids have been received apart from ours and I suspect other clubs with a less urgent agenda than us will play the waiting game until Jan 31st!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because with the news that Plymouth are entering administration, there have been comments about Ridsdale's part in it, and I thought it might be interesting/relevant to look at the comments made when he was appointed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was pointed out to me at the game tonight that the adminstrator and accountant appointed are Leeds based. Could this be Peter Ridsdale trying to buy the club on the cheap so that he is helping them to help himself.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here