Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth Argyle to be wound up by 8th December?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How the hell can Plymouth lose £2.8 million in one season? More than £50,000 per week?? It's simply incredible. They're the biggest side in Devon and Cornwall, which has 1.5 million people. Just work on a decent youth policy, you've got a catchment area other clubs can only dream of.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ridsdale. That's frightening. Leeds > Barnsley > Cardiff > Plymouth. Even his choice of clubs is going south...

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
How the hell can Plymouth lose £2.8 million in one season? More than £50,000 per week?? It's simply incredible. They're the biggest side in Devon and Cornwall, which has 1.5 million people. Just work on a decent youth policy, you've got a catchment area other clubs can only dream of.

People like ARCHER bring back memories

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
As usual let me assure anyone concerned that Plymouth will not go to the wall this season. If I could raise the capital I'd wager the entire equivalent of their debts that this will never happen. Too big to happen to, ffs they're in the FIFA bid!!

Guess they're now f***ed then!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Administration at best tomorrow and bottom of the league looks a distinct possibility - even if they are given extra time a la Sheffield Wednesday there doesn't seem any prospect of a knight in shining armour coming to their rescue

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not looking good, and for us the best result is for them to go into admin as if they are wound up and their record is expunged we would be the only losers as they took points off of all the others near the top

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Hope they survive, and not just for the above reason

Let's not forget that it was a young Plymouth supporter that got the whole Fan's United thing going for us via an infant internet.

Right then, let's put our heads together on this board and help them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Let's not forget that it was a young Plymouth supporter that got the whole Fan's United thing going for us via an infant internet.

Right then, let's put our heads together on this board and help them.

If we can stump up the few million they need, my vote is we give it to the Albion instead.

Just hoping it's voluntary administration 5 minutes before the hearing rather than wait until it's too late and get wound-up.

Wednesday had potential investors in the wings and could demonstrate that there was something to justify delaying an order against them. Argyle appear to have nothing to offer and might be best advised to pre-empt a possible worst case outcome.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
So many clubs seem to find themselves in this position and always come through, Portsmouth, Palace, Southampton, Wednesday.

I suppose one of these days it really will be the end for a club. Really hope it isn't Plymouth. If any club should have fallen, it should have been Portsmouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here