Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth Argyle to be wound up by 8th December?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
This looks a live possibility at the moment, worrying times for Pilgrims fans.

From a selfish perspective, if they were to be wound up, would the points that other teams have taken from them be removed? (obviously would result in us having 3 points less)

Also if they have to start selling players asap would be quite happy to take Noone & Wright-Phillips off their hands.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Live on telly against us in February, so that'll bring in a few quid... too late. Shit. Think they're another club that'll pull it out of the bag, but it would be terribly ironic if they went under, seeing as the lad who kicked off the whole Fans Utd thing was a Pilgrim...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On a purely human level, none of their staff have been paid for November, and it's a pretty shit time of year to be short on money. I dare say some of the players as well as Peter Reid will cope, but perhaps not so much the shop staff, youth coaches and office people.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Plymouth have beaten Southampton, Huddersfield, and Sheff Wed, and drawn with Charlton, so if they go, it's not great for us in the league table.

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
I like how there's been such a seamless segue from Wednesday as the club in dire peril to now Argyle, picking up the slack with Wednesday given a lifeline. Who's next?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suspect Argyle are in more trouble than Wednesday ever were. They're less attractive to a potential buyer as a smaller club, and one who always have to pay relatively high wages to attract players so far west. Plus they've staked an awful lot on England getting the World Cup and them hosting games. And their last home league game attracted only 4000 or so fans.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have I not read in the past that their Chairman is a bit of a stick in the mud type who believes that it is his club and doesnt want others investing in it. Or more to the point he wants to keep control. If this is so it is unlikely they will have somebody step in with a cash investment but no doubt they will get an extention to fight their creditors or simply just go into administration.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
As usual let me assure anyone concerned that Plymouth will not go to the wall this season. If I could raise the capital I'd wager the entire equivalent of their debts that this will never happen. Too big to happen to, ffs they're in the FIFA bid!! Just the latest in amebas ending list of clubs who've overspent and now experiencing the hangover. It'll be our turn again sooner or later!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
July 2009

PLYMOUTH Argyle is under new management after a deal to buy the club was finally announced.

A consortium of international and local businesses is buying a controlling share in the holding company that owns Plymouth Argyle Football Club, saying it will establish a ‘New World’ for PAFC, targeting Premier League football within five years and expanding e-commerce operations based around the club’s brand.

As part of the takeover, chairman Paul Stapleton is standing down after what he told a press conference yesterday morning had been ‘eight momentous years.

Plymouth Argyle: Under new management

PLYMOUTH Argyle's Japanese director Yasuaki Kagami has dropped seven places in the football rich list – but he is still worth £42million.

Mr Kagami, along with his family, is ranked at number 67 in the new list published by FourFourTwo magazine.

PLYMOUTH Argyle's Japanese director Yasuaki Kagami has dropped seven places in the football rich list 42million.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I suspect Argyle are in more trouble than Wednesday ever were. They're less attractive to a potential buyer as a smaller club, and one who always have to pay relatively high wages to attract players so far west. Plus they've staked an awful lot on England getting the World Cup and them hosting games. And their last home league game attracted only 4000 or so fans.

Christ, 4,000! How big is the planned capacity if they get chosen as a World Cup venue?

Even if they do survive, they could end up with a Darlington style white elephant.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
just about every club has been in the shit one time or another.I cant think of many clubs that have not been in trouble financially at one point.Hope they pull through it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Peter Ridsdale buying the club was a rumour last week so a last minute reprieve may be beckoning.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If ever you want someone to bankrupt a club, Ridsdale is yer man!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So is the plan for Argyle to go into administration and lose the majority fo their debts. and then Ridsdale to buy them up cheap.

Can you see Ridsdale buying Argyle before they go into administration ? ??? Most likely there will be a pre-pack admin agreement in place to avoid the club being wound up.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
This looks a live possibility at the moment, worrying times for Pilgrims fans.

From a selfish perspective, if they were to be wound up, would the points that other teams have taken from them be removed? (obviously would result in us having 3 points less)

Also if they have to start selling players asap would be quite happy to take Noone & Wright-Phillips off their hands.

It appears through recent posts and this one in particular, there seems to me that some people are suffering a memory lapse. Most "fans" even Palace stood shoulder to shoulder with us when we were at our lowest eb due to mismanagement etc. (took some bollocks to come down wearing a palace shirt by the way) Some people on here really should be thinking first before posting on this subject, be subjective......There was a song, in which "there but for the grace of god there go I" Plymouth whether you like it or not and these leagues would not ever be the same without their likes and that of Sheffield Wednesday. They stood by us to a man in our hour of need, now its our turn to return the favour. Good luck in your battles PAFC/SWFC, (Piompey exempted)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here