Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbing matters

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
My girlfriend came to stay over at the weekend, and before we went to bed insisted that I get her a glass of water from the kitchen and not the bathroom.

The reason for this was, she said, that "the pipes leading to the kitchen are safer" and "bathroom water is not filtered as well."

This woman is beautiful, intelligent and well-qualified. But surely she's wrong on this occasion?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I think shs is right. I tend not to drink water from the bathroom as you often hear of dead brids lying in the tanks.

Stick to the kitchen taps i'd say.:glare:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
If the water feeding the wash hand basin is direct from the mains you will ok, just make sure you run the tap for a period of time at first to flush out stagnent water.

If the water is fed from a tank in the roof, it all depends on the age of the tank as to whether it is a 'byelaw 30' tank which technically is fit to drink from, although I would not.

Quick simple test to determine if the water is tank or mains fed is to turn the tap on and put your thumb or finger over the end of the tap, if you can stop the water it is tank fed. If the water sprays everywhere it is mains fed.

Don't try this in large office blocks as the water could either be pumped from a tank or from gavity fed from tank at height either way the pressure will be high and not give you any indication.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've always preferred water from the bathroom for some reason, it's tinnier than from the kitchen.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Bloody fussy ain't she.
Tell her to bring her own bottled water next time.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cheeky cow! I would have got the toothbrush mug and scooped up a cupful from the toilet basin, just for her sheer laziness...

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
It depends whether you have a direct or indirect system. Direct comes straight from the mains & should be ok. Indirect will come from a tank in the roof & could have anything lying dead in it! I know all this becasue I am a plumbers daughter & a plumbers soon to be ex-wife.

I get my boyfriend a glass of water before bedtime too - its my duty as hostess :lolol:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
If though you are very drunk is it ok to piss in the kitchen sink or should you go in the bathroom one.I know some people would prefer to use the toilet but i think its easier to hit a higher target when bladdered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here