Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plumbing advice please

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
We've had a sudden decrease in water pressure to our flat. Both hot and cold taps run very slowly and almost not at all if the cistern is filling up or the washing machine is in use. Is this an external pressure problem or could there be a fault with our system? I haven't had a chance to ask any neighbours if they are also experiencing problems. Cheers

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yep sounds like someone has stemmed your external flow .... I'd check with the neighbours before calling out the man that rubs his chin and bills you £100 for turning a valve! (not all plumbers do this, of course, just all the ones I've met)

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
contact your local water company first. they are duty bound to check the supply entering the property. there may have been external works going on that has cause either a) a loss in pressure or b) grit to block your service at the main stop tap.
check your internal stop tap is fully open, if its no and its seized get it changed.
one last test, put a screwdriver near or on the main stop tap then put your ear to the screwdriver. if you can hear a rushing sound then maybe your main supply has a leak which has caused the drop in pressure.

Apr 24, 2011
as this is in a block of flats is there a stop in someones elses flat and they have turned it down a bit , got called to one like this a few weeks ago where stop tap in basement flat was turned off by tenant and flats above 3 story had no water,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here