Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please Simplify the online ticket system!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the friends and family is not intuitive and need some explaination, and theres quite alot of bugs and unexpected behaviour/repsonce. in all it feels like a beta release thats being tested along with the ramp up.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Had to give up and e.mail club. Can't see children on Friends and family, Say's they are already added. Tried to add myself on children's acount, not able to log in.Tried postcode as password, so re registered them. Gave e.mail address so i could get password, but got no reply, still no password. Given up now.

Followed This exactly. Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Ticket Information | Online Tickets: Friends Family

Still no good.

I want to be a good dad and take them, Working everyday till late this week.Looks like we wont be going to Gillingham.

I am sure it works fine once everyone is registered, and I think ticket office are brilliant.But this is sadly lacking.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
As a web developer I have to say it is a pretty poor effort all round and the transactions 'hanging' when you click to buy is quite unacceptable. Apparently I have my Tottenham ticket, cos they told me they did whatever when the transaction cocked up. Even though it says 'pending', and I'm not sure if points were available for buying the ticket but it gave me no points.

There should be an in depth help section when there are so many people using the system. Not everyone thinks like the developer. From a professional point of view, 3 out of 10.

I agree there should be more help, plus explanations of "what will happen next". I went into the club shop to ask about this PEND status on my Spurs tickets (which I had no problems booking), and they said that is just for them to show they've still to process it. They should send the tickets through the post, and the PEND status should change as they do that. I've been told that if I don't receive my tickets in good time, to take proof of purchase in to them and they'll print tickets for me there and then.

Just goes to show, if you're not sure about something, it's best to ask - talking face-to-face is something a lot of people seem to forget about these days. Working in IT, I find that all over the place - I even get colleagues a desk or two away sending me an email when it would only take seconds to turn round and ask the question.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Two issues I've had with the online system ...

1. It's gone 11 p.m. and the website says "due to the high volume of activity, we are currently unable to connect you". Somehow I doubt it's that busy at this time of night. I've got this message several times over the last few weeks at random times of the day and night. It's pretty silly really and should be easy to fix. Just pay for a few more concurrent sessions. Simple as that.

2. As many people have pointed out, games are showing "sold out" when they're not. Tottenham, EB and Gills were all "sold out" before they were even being sold. This is also silly and needs to be fixed. The message when tickets are not available should be more accurate / informative.

I guess these are nothing more than teething problems. Perhaps the service provider reckons we've got enough bandwidth etc and everything will calm down once we've got used to it. The service is provided by Iris Software Group (as it says on the bottom of the ticketing login page). Their website is: iris.co.uk but I can't post the link as this is only my 7th post. "IRIS is the UK’s largest privately owned software and services company with over 1,200 people and revenues of over £120 million." So they should know what they're doing.

Unlike me.

Apart from online booking, the two times I've tried to call the ticket office I've been 45th and 34th in the queue and given up after 20 minutes without getting anywhere. That's really not up to scratch for a business turning over something in the order of £15m-£20m. There's over 20,000 of us out here who just need someone to talk to sometimes.

Well I do even if you don't.

And one post a year is quite enough for some of us.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I've actually found it incredibly easy to use. Only problem I have is that it always tells me to update my profile before continuing as I haven't got a 'Title' selected, but the title dropdown box is greyed out, so I always have to change my password details to get the screen to disappear. Apart from that, very efficient system. As long as you know what you're doing before tickets go online and know if you and the people you're buying for are eligible, then it's very straight forward IMO.

I have a similar problem. I can buy tickets ok but when I try to view stadium plan it takes me to the update details screen. I can't update anything as it just complains I have no title, but as with you the box is grayed out so I can't even change it! Very frustrating.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have a similar problem. I can buy tickets ok but when I try to view stadium plan it takes me to the update details screen. I can't update anything as it just complains I have no title, but as with you the box is grayed out so I can't even change it! Very frustrating.

I had the update details screen when wanting to view the donny seating plan, very odd I thought. Was ok for the Gills though.

Whilst I think the new page is better than last years, it is obvious that there are little quirks that make it not compleely intuitive to use. I ordered my Spurs and Gills tickets ok, so no complaints, but I do hope that some of the constructive criticism on this thread is heeded. After all if the online ticketing works smoothly then it should make life a lot easier for everyone.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
Online system won't let my dad buy one as he has only been to away games in the last three years as he no longer lives anywhere near Sussex. Have emailed club...

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I've actually found it incredibly easy to use. Only problem I have is that it always tells me to update my profile before continuing as I haven't got a 'Title' selected, but the title dropdown box is greyed out, so I always have to change my password details to get the screen to disappear. Apart from that, very efficient system. As long as you know what you're doing before tickets go online and know if you and the people you're buying for are eligible, then it's very straight forward IMO.

I had the same problem, use Firefox / Firebug and you can remove the disabled tag from the select and any other disabled fields, this will allow you to enter and update the details. I had to do this to enter details for my son a there was nothing setup for him when I logged in to link him to my F&F.

For what's it's worth my opinion of the system is that its pretty rubbish, yes it works and everyone who can use it can sit there smugly saying how great it is, but the reality is that if Amazon (or any other retail website) was this bad they would have gone tits up a long time ago.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I had the same problem, use Firefox / Firebug and you can remove the disabled tag from the select and any other disabled fields, this will allow you to enter and update the details. I had to do this to enter details for my son a there was nothing setup for him when I logged in to link him to my F&F.
Cheers, I'll give that a go. Perhaps one of the very few drawbacks of using Chrome haha.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I had the same problem, use Firefox / Firebug and you can remove the disabled tag from the select and any other disabled fields, this will allow you to enter and update the details.

Can you explain how I do this please?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Other then the "high volume of people..." problem , I think it works well - just very frustrating having that issue.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Update Details.jpg

-----------
As per the first screen shot, right click on the space next to the title select box (currently disabled). This will bring up a list of options, select the inspect element option (at the bottom of the list of options). This opens the source html up nearest the select control, you will need to expand the <div>'s until you find the one as per the screen shot containing the select control. Right click the select control and select "edit html". This will give you the next screen shot.
-------------

Edit Html.jpg

-------------
Once here remove the text disabled="disabled", the select control will now be active, you will need to repeat for all disabled mandatory fields.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The friends and family bit that is particularly rubbish. Would be much simpler to select the tickets you want than deselect the ones you don't want. As a booking system it really doesn't stand up very well in comparison to professional booking sites, just seems very amateurish to me. Yes, you get there in the end, but its actually a bit crap.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The friends and family bit that is particularly rubbish. Would be much simpler to select the tickets you want than deselect the ones you don't want. As a booking system it really doesn't stand up very well in comparison to professional booking sites, just seems very amateurish to me. Yes, you get there in the end, but its actually a bit crap.

That is the main problem as far as I can see.

I guess it's made worse at the moment because we have 3 (incl Eastbourne) games with tickets on sale, even to STHs, so clicking on the option brings up a small fortune in your basket before you slowly deselect everything.

I'm part of a group of 20 STHs and the plan is that we are all registered as each others Family and Friends to make teh transferal of tickets easier, but to be honest, we are not about to all be each others F&F until they get this part of the website sorted.

I also think the "SOLD OUT" banner on the first page was just poor, when the reality was that they were not on General Release. Also, on the day I was registering myself and my son on as peoples F&F, the LOG OUT button had disappeared. It was back the next day, but still was a bit amateurish in teh meantime.

None of the above should be blown out of proportion, but it did all suggest there had been a lack of testing done before it went live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here