Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please Simplify the online ticket system!

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Far too confusing and arse about face. not very user friendly, i know people will say give it time its in its early stages, but trust me this is all software that could have been running long before it went live.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I've actually found it incredibly easy to use. Only problem I have is that it always tells me to update my profile before continuing as I haven't got a 'Title' selected, but the title dropdown box is greyed out, so I always have to change my password details to get the screen to disappear. Apart from that, very efficient system. As long as you know what you're doing before tickets go online and know if you and the people you're buying for are eligible, then it's very straight forward IMO.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
No complaints from me. Always worked well when I've used it.

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Nothing wrong with it...

Worked absolutely fine each time (twice) I have used it since relaunch

Bought Gillingham ticket, but not on my purchase list.

Home game page still lets me go through the process of trying to order tickets for Donny and Gillingham even though I can't.

Purchase history starts back to front.

yeh great

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I think its a pretty awful effort at online ticketing... error messages are hidden amongst other text, there are strange repeated bits of text, and it has made a pig's ear of my efforts to buy 2 tickets for Gillingham game, have had to email them.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Far too confusing and arse about face. not very user friendly, i know people will say give it time its in its early stages, but trust me this is all software that could have been running long before it went live.

Trust you with what?

Is this "our" application or something that a third party vendor has developed as "software as a service" that is used by us and other clubs and branded for each?

It's worked OK for me

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I noticed last night that Doncaster Rovers have an online ticket service extremely similar to ours , numerous other clubs use the same software which is tailored to their own requirements.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
The only problems I have are the fact it keeps asking me to update my details and it won't let me choose an "Under 16" ticket for my 12 year old son. Whenever I choose "Under 16" and update basket it reverts back to Adult again, only got it to work correctly once. Still, a simple call to the club gets it sorted.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I can't work out how I get a ticket for a friends or family member in the same transaction as my own. There must be a simple answer but I can't see it! The site could do with a faq section for numptys like me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I can't work out how I get a ticket for a friends or family member in the same transaction as my own. There must be a simple answer but I can't see it! The site could do with a faq section for numptys like me.

You need to create them as a friend but they must also make you a friend via their log-in and away you go

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
You need to create them as a friend but they must also make you a friend via their log-in and away you go

Done all that and it shows up. What I can't work out is how I purchase a ticket for them whilst getting my own. I'm prob being thick!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The club have adopted, in their eyes, the best ticketing system available to them.

It may be a bog standard IT package but, of course, it will have specific little quirks peculiar to the Albion. Anyone who has any experience of a new or updated (anything) system in their work environment will recognise this scenario and will accordingly allow a certain amount of time for it to bed in. More important is to recognise what the club is trying to achieve, which will be great because I am sure it will be working perfectly in a week or perhaps a month, no problem.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
an option to remember my fan number would be nice (as I don't have a piece of plastic with it on to remind me).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Done all that and it shows up. What I can't work out is how I purchase a ticket for them whilst getting my own. I'm prob being thick!

What happens with me is all tickets are in my name so then you change each box to the relevant friends name or delete the one you do not want, refresh then purchase

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As a web developer I have to say it is a pretty poor effort all round and the transactions 'hanging' when you click to buy is quite unacceptable. Apparently I have my Tottenham ticket, cos they told me they did whatever when the transaction cocked up. Even though it says 'pending', and I'm not sure if points were available for buying the ticket but it gave me no points.

There should be an in depth help section when there are so many people using the system. Not everyone thinks like the developer. From a professional point of view, 3 out of 10.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Bought a ticket for my non-STH teenager for the Donny game today no problem. It did ask me to update my details but other than that, all seems ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here