Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please refrain from celebrating

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
To the 'super fan' who was behind me at Anfield.

What has to happen for you to be excited at football?

The guy behind me today did not, clap, shout, jump, sing or even move when Lua Lua scored. I was absolutely stunned. We had just equalised away from home against Liverpool and he did not rejoice in the moment at all. Then had the nerve to tell me to calm down for I may cause myself to have a heart attack!?!?!?

If this is your attitude, either sit in with the opponents fans, where you can not celebrate with the opposition anytime we score or just stay at home. It was on tele today. I am sure you could of sat motionless in front of your tv and not have to concern yourself with others enjoying themselves around you.

As you were wearing an Albion shirt, I assume you were supporting us, so your lack of joy at our equaliser was somewhat mystifying. Either you had been dragged along to merseyside against your will then forced to wear a Brighton shirt or you are genuinely a rather joyless individual, who finds scoring goals not exciting or pleasurable enough.

Also 3 own goals and none by Jamie Carragher? Technically 4-3 to the Albion. It could well of been but I couldn't tell by the reaction of the statue behind me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps he was a scouser in the wrong end... the 'calm down' bit gives it away!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Kazenga didn't seem overjoyed at scoring either, though!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
One of my friends posted on Facebook about her and her (alleged Liverpool fan) dad being in our end. Obviously he's a loyal Red, so loyal he couldn't get one of the 35,000-odd tickets available for Liverpool fans!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably the same goon I saw on the m25 with a Liverpool flag in the back of his car and a Brighton badge in the side window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here