Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please Mark McGhee...

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
enigma said:
I see what you're saying but I think it would be easier to get the best man for the job in the summer. For example, if we tried to recruit a promising manager from the lower divisions, they might not want to leave their own team in a promising situation, whereas in the summer it would be easier to attract.

If the new manager was unemployed, thats different of course.

But without trying to dredge up the obvious pro-McGhee arguements of "who canwe get that is better" it is a valid statement. All new management appointments are in essence, a gamble and the chances of us getting a manager of the calibre of (as much as it pains me to say it,) Steve Coppell is pretty remote I would say.

Also, judging by the way some are reacting on here what happens if we get a "promising manager from the lower divisions"? I bet the fans won't give him the time because at the moment there is outcry at our impending relegation, if a new manager has us bobbing around in mid-table in League 1, people will be having hairy fits. I seem to remember early on in our League 2 championship winning season the tide was even beginning to turn against Mickey Adams.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:
The problem that MM had which has now become apparent is that he was forced to keep on his back room staff who outside of the Youth set up have proved beyond all reasonable doubt that they are not up to the job.

Yeah your dead right...........NO, sorry, what I meant to say is what an absolute load of unsubstantiated rubbish. Have you got any f***ing evidence whatsoever that this is the case. NO YOU HAVEN'T, so why not keep your bizarre ideas to yourself.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
DJ Leon said:
Yeah your dead right...........NO, sorry, what I meant to say is what an absolute load of unsubstantiated rubbish. Have you got any f***ing evidence whatsoever that this is the case. NO YOU HAVEN'T, so why not keep your bizarre ideas to yourself.

this is a message board leave bens grandad alone he can post whatever he likes.If you dont f***ing like dont read it

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
DJ Leon said:
I think you'll find that all our managers since MA have had to keep Booker & White on as they WERE an essential part of the teamspirit.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
vulture said:
this is a message board leave bens grandad alone he can post whatever he likes.If you dont f***ing like dont read it

Or perhaps a more sensible way to look at it would be if you don't want your opinions criticised don't post them on an internet message board.
No actually you are right. There should be no difference of opinion. that would be real interesting :rolleyes:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Mind you that rather depends on your definition of intelligence doesn't Ritchie ?

You talk on here like a geeky teenager who's just discovered sarcasm, sort it out - aren't you supposed to be middle aged?!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
You talk on here like a geeky teenager who's just discovered sarcasm, sort it out - aren't you supposed to be middle aged?!

I reckon you went to the same school as Looney, it's spelt 'Fool' not 'full'.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
I reckon you went to the same school as Looney, it's spelt 'Fool' not 'full'.

Do you actually gain any satisfaction from your attempted clever retorts? Seriously, read them back and ask yourself honestly if it doesn't look rather embarassing. :nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
the full harris said:
Do you actually gain any satisfaction from your attempted clever retorts? Seriously, read them back and ask yourself honestly if it doesn't look rather embarassing. :nono:

Oh I don't know, the only silly part is making an idiot look like one when you do a better job yourself. Your tedious habit of trying to have a pop at me and going right off the point of the thread is childish. However as I know you have to stand up to reach the keyboard it explains your behaviour.

Waits for pointless and unfunny retort.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Oh I don't know, the only silly part is making an idiot look like one when you do a better job yourself. Your tedious habit of trying to have a pop at me and going right off the point of the thread is childish. However as I know you have to stand up to reach the keyboard it explains your behaviour.

Waits for pointless and unfunny retort.

It'll sink in one day mate. :nono:

the full harris said:
But that kind of stuff is all you do! :lolol:

No one really minds that you do, this is NSC after all and it's the fashion I guess. But at least break it up once in a while by chucking in an opinion every now and then about McGhee or about our style of play or who has the nicest legs in the team.

The last strong, positive opinion you had about the Albion was those series of homoerotic posts you made about Nathan Jones being wonderful, and that's a good 18 months ago now :wave:

EDIT: Oppps sorry, you also thought McCammon was shit too. But still, Jones, McCammon, both gone, so come on, we want something more up to date.

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
But that kind of stuff is all you do! :lolol:

No one really minds that you do, this is NSC after all and it's the fashion I guess. But at least break it up once in a while by chucking in an opinion every now and then about McGhee or about our style of play or who has the nicest legs in the team.

The last strong, positive opinion you had about the Albion was those series of homoerotic posts you made about Nathan Jones being wonderful, and that's a good 18 months ago now :wave:

EDIT: Oppps sorry, you also thought McCammon was shit too. But still, Jones, McCammon, both gone, so come on, we want something more up to date.

There's nothing wrong with fancying Nathan Jones!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DJ Leon said:

I bought my wife a brand new car 5 years ago and had to get rid of it this year because it was showing signs of wear and tear and wasn't as reliable as when it was new.

Could it not be that the backroom staff have got complacent and just sitting in their ivory towers picking up their wages , thinkling that they are unsackable because of the fact that every manager has had to take them on as part of the deal.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
I bought my wife a brand new car 5 years ago and had to get rid of it this year because it was showing signs of wear and tear and wasn't as reliable as when it was new.

Could it not be that the backroom staff have got complacent and just sitting in their ivory towers picking up their wages , thinkling that they are unsackable because of the fact that every manager has had to take them on as part of the deal.

Going by your logic maybe NSC should have you put out to grass.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:

Could be, but is equally likely to not be.
You always seem to manage to include these little stories about what could be going on behind the scenes and trying to second guess what may or may not be happening. The problem is that you present it in a way that implies that you have some real information and there is some truth behind it when in actual fact it is just something that you have made up in your head and typed out.
I could say that it is now patently obvious that the kit man has been putting a cheaper conditioner in the washing machine when he washes the kit and the uncomfortable itching on the players skin has made them underperform terribly this season. If they had changed to a more experienced kit man 2 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess.
Doesn't make it fact though does it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rangdo said:
Could be, but is equally likely to not be.
You always seem to manage to include these little stories about what could be going on behind the scenes and trying to second guess what may or may not be happening. The problem is that you present it in a way that implies that you have some real information and there is some truth behind it when in actual fact it is just something that you have made up in your head and typed out.
I could say that it is now patently obvious that the kit man has been putting a cheaper conditioner in the washing machine when he washes the kit and the uncomfortable itching on the players skin has made them underperform terribly this season. If they had changed to a more experienced kit man 2 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess.
Doesn't make it fact though does it?

Poor old BG, he's starting to get confused between fact and falacy.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just as Ben's Grandad makes assumptions which could be wrong about what goes on behind the scenes you are making assumptions of the exact oposite.

Leave the guy alone.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Richie Morris said:
Just as Ben's Grandad makes assumptions which could be wrong about what goes on behind the scenes you are making assumptions of the exact oposite.

Leave the guy alone.

Oh dear.
Right. Firstly, I'm making no assumptions either way. I'm saying that he presents fiction as fact which, considering he makes it up as he goes along, is very unlikely to be true.
Secondly, he posts his opinions on an internet message board. He's entitled to do that but if I don't agree I am entitled to take an opposing stance just as you are entilted to post complete rubbish. Why should you tell me to leave him alone? It is not a personal attack on him. It is a discussion. I am objecting to his post. If that is upsetting, which I doubt it is to BG, don't post.
Finally, the day I take advice from a guy that changes the direction of his opinions and attacks so often I'm surprised you're not too dizzy to type messages on here is the day I drop the Albion and start supporting Man U.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here