Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please forgive me!

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I know I am a wimp and am pathetic! But after much soul searching my wife and I have decided not to travel to the Amex today. There are mitigating circumstances! We live in the heart of rural Buckinghamshire and are concerned about the warnings of heavy snow due to arrive here around 5pm. One snow flake around here and the trains grind to a halt and the usually ungritted roads become ice rinks. So we feared if we drove we would get stuck on the M40 on the way back (as has happened to us previously) and if we went by train Chiltern Railways would go into retirement (there usual strategy when it snows).

So we are reluctantly missing our first home game of the season.

To make ourselves feel better about this we need other Seagull fans to forgive us!

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
I know I am a wimp and am pathetic! But after much soul searching my wife and I have decided not to travel to the Amex today. There are mitigating circumstances! We live in the heart of rural Buckinghamshire and are concerned about the warnings of heavy snow due to arrive here around 5pm. One snow flake around here and the trains grind to a halt and the usually ungritted roads become ice rinks. So we feared if we drove we would get stuck on the M40 on the way back (as has happened to us previously) and if we went by train Chiltern Railways would go into retirement (there usual strategy when it snows).

To make ourselves feel better about this we need other Seagull fans to forgive us!

Could have come and stayed at the judge's :cool:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
:wanker:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Gotta do what you feel us right for you tbh. I'm having doubts about getting back to newhaven :lol: but I shall be attending as the distance for me is obviously not as much of an issue as for yourself :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can I have your tickets? Call the club and get some tickets printed, I'll pick them up.

DanielT

pathetic excuse! no way that can be forgiven. you may as well buy yourself a chelsea kit and advertise your plastic-ness properly

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Literally, a fair weather supporter!

(Only kidding. No strong feelings either way about you missing the game).

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Rain not snow before nightfall

If you live in Central England, this could be the complete opposide. Snow turning to rain as the warm air comes in tonight.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I just rang the club and asked if they could print and sell tickets for our seats but they said it was to late (I do not want any money). Now I feel even worse! If anybody down there has another genuine option for using our seats please let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here