Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please convince me that I have not wasted almost £500 on an iPad Air

D

Deleted member 18477

We'll I backed everything up to the cloud, and then did a reset. What we failed to spot was that due to the problem that I have (constantly searching for iOS updates) that means if I try to do anything requiring a strong wifi connection then it fall over. Therefore I have just spent the best part of 2 hours having to switch one airplane mode and then switch it on again it order to kick it back into operation and eventually regain all my apps etc from the cloud. It has solved nothing. Basically I have a piece of junk that does not work properly. I know that you apple fans will say that that's really rare, and I will take it to the apple store and kick up one hell of a fuss until they replace it, bit personally this has made me never really want to use any of their products again. I know this sounds overly dramatic, but this was bought principally for my wife, I blew the budget to get it and it is a piece of faulty crap. I feel really let down.
drama queen. Just take it to the store and they will go out of their way to replace it!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
How does one access the cloud?
I've had mine for 3 + years and assume its being backed up but how do I check?
How do you gain access to the cloud I guess it a app that will obviously need a security login which I have no knowledge of a user name or password or is it the same detail for the App Store?

Suffice to say not had a single issue with mine been spot on since day one, although its is slowing down a bit theses days, its a 3 and a mate of mine upgraded his at the store for an Air and got £130 ish trade in.
Cant fault they service.

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Okay. This, frankly terrible piece of kit, is playing up again. It started constantly searching for updates again following the upgrade(?)to 8, and now it is totally frozen. I tried to reset it, and whilst on the apple reboot screen it froze about 10% into the reboot. Now nothing, even holding down the power button for 15 seconds, does anything. Just have a black apple on a white background mocking me reminding me that I have wasted £500. Any ideas on how to get it going again?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if I didn't know they were doing it, I'd not know they were doing it.
That is a fact.

Okay. This, frankly terrible piece of kit, is playing up again. It started constantly searching for updates again following the upgrade(?)to 8, and now it is totally frozen. I tried to reset it, and whilst on the apple reboot screen it froze about 10% into the reboot. Now nothing, even holding down the power button for 15 seconds, does anything. Just have a black apple on a white background mocking me reminding me that I have wasted £500. Any ideas on how to get it going again?
Did you get it replaced the first time? If it's a hardware fault, apple will replace it. If it's software, apple will help reset it for you. If it's user error, apple will teach you to use it better.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Does it contain real air though?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Is this a new one or the original device?

I personally don't do Apple-just a preference of mine,but other family members do and have for many years now and my daughter has only ever had one problem with her product and that was a none charging 4s phone a few years ago when she was 14 she booked herself an appointment at churchill square and changed the phone,unbeknown to me or the missus-FOURTEEN she was then!!!!! so if she can do it you can....

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
No, they did not replace it. They could not replicate the problems that I often get (it can work well for a few days then screw up again) so they did some fiddling, said it should be okay now, and sent me on my way.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The other week I took my 4 year old mac book pro back to the shop for repair because all I could get was a black screen.

I didn't half feel a dick when they gave it back saying there was nothing wrong and I realised I had turned down the brightness to black by accident.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No, they did not replace it. They could not replicate the problems that I often get (it can work well for a few days then screw up again) so they did some fiddling, said it should be okay now, and sent me on my way.

So....what do u do next? take no for an answer-the customer is always right...go back again,pain that it may be...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well that shut it down. Restart it and the reboot freezes at the same point. Useless piece of shite. Will take back when I get a chance and get a Samsung.
Get the Nexus 9 coming out soon. Better specs than the new Samsung. And probably cheaper.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Frankly, almost any android tablet from a reputable manufacturer will be better and more flexible than an iPad. Apart from all the well rehearsed arguments already trotted out, most android tablets have expandable memory slots and other methods of connection such as hdmi and usb. So much better in every respect than my wife's piece of c**p iPad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here