Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please can someone clarify this for me?

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
There's so many threads about ticketing arrangements that I'm totally lost, so need someone to give me a straightforward answer....

This is my current situation.

I've been a fan for 20 years
I only go to one or two home games a season
I go to 90% of all away games
I am a 'White' Away Member.

Now, I don't want a season ticket, but want to keep going to away matches like I am used to. Can anyone tell me if I will be affected in any way by all this 1901 / ST business?

Cheers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no one knows. all the discussion is because the 1901 members will get "priority to A list away games". we dont know what those games will be (probably not untill we get to them) and we dont know if this is the same or higher priority to STH.

with so many more season tickets, its obvious the old priority for STH wont work, so i expect to see something to credit regular away game followers.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1901 members WILL have priority over every blue and white member when it comes to tickets for away games.

The only way around this is if you sign a contract handing over sexual rights to your first born to 1901 members. There's a box to tick at the bottom of the application form if you do NOT accede to this, so be careful when you read the wording.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There's so many threads about ticketing arrangements that I'm totally lost, so need someone to give me a straightforward answer....

Now, I don't want a season ticket, but want to keep going to away matches like I am used to. Can anyone tell me if I will be affected in any way by all this 1901 / ST business?

Cheers

you are f***ed.

Go and watch Huddersfield

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Cheers

The most important thing to remember is when you are sitting on a seat on the train and a 1901 member is without one you must immediately vacate the seat, whilst making sure you wipe the seat with your sleeve before leaving.

With regard to away tickets you should just be greatful as a non 1901 member (cock muncher) you have any allocation at all and also remember that although you are seated in the same stand you are by no means equal and should treat the 1901 darlings accordingly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
90% of away games will continue to be pay on the gate, as they are and always have been, so will be UTTERLY unaffected by any rulings from the Albion.

For the odd 'big' away, when its all ticket, you MIGHT miss out.

Carry on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Cheers

yes

and no.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
90% of away games will continue to be pay on the gate, as they are and always have been, so will be UTTERLY unaffected by any rulings from the Albion.

For the odd 'big' away, when its all ticket, you MIGHT miss out.

Carry on.

This, the majority of 1901ers and STHs are still not going to be going to away games, so as someone who goes to 90% of them I'd imagine you'd still be able to go to 90% of them, but your much more likely to miss out on tickets for the "Big Games" e.g. prem sides and if we go up, relegated prem sides.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I am a Gold Member. How did I reach such a lofty status???!!! What is my level in the pecking order of things?
Thought by now we would have all been told the final STH arrangements.
Always have had to much faith in others.:shrug:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just to clarify, I do not mean Gold at Falmer. Currently Gold, not joining 1901.
Have had hospitality at Withdean a few times and enjoyed it, but not for me every week. Prefer to sit with the Ruffians in the poor seats.:wave:

Feb 14, 2010

Cheers

Best way is to go in the home end.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just to clarify, I do not mean Gold at Falmer. Currently Gold, not joining 1901.
Have had hospitality at Withdean a few times and enjoyed it, but not for me every week. Prefer to sit with the Ruffians in the poor seats.:wave:

join me in the FIGHT for the posh folks scraps :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Cheers

Currently you would only be affected if we had an all ticket away fixture (like Peterborough away) where they allow gold members first dibs, followed by blue then finally white, but there tends to be enough to go around

When we are at Falmer i suspect that only a few away games will be classified as all ticket and if they are, i would assume they will be done by the same or a similar membership scheme and priority- maybe more fans might be interested in going to certain games but on the whole you shouldn't be affected

Don't pay too much attention to the scare mongers

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Currently you would only be affected if we had an all ticket away fixture (like Peterborough away) where they allow gold members first dibs, followed by blue then finally white, but there tends to be enough to go around

When we are at Falmer i suspect that only a few away games will be classified as all ticket and if they are, i would assume they will be done by the same or a similar membership scheme and priority- maybe more fans might be interested in going to certain games but on the whole you shouldn't be affected

Don't pay too much attention to the scare mongers

That's the answer I wanted. Cheers mate.

So far, I've had no problems getting away tickets for any game over the last few years, so I don't really expect it to change. My theory is - if we start getting good, and get promoted, we'll be playing bigger clubs with bigger stadiums, therefore more away tickets - more than enough to cope with the glory hunters (sorry, 'lapsed fans'....).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here