Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please boycott BP

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Consider it done, I used to pop in their regularly for a morning coffee when I drove a van and knew the bloke quite well.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The Racism angle is a bit of a red herring. If he was sacked unfairly (which does sound the case) he should take it to tribunal.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My brother in laws brother Jason has worked in their Lewes Road Connect since it first opened in 2001.Some know him as he is the guy with the very bad stutter.

Some twat a few months ago punched him while he was doing a night shift and knocked him out.He had time off work and BP put loads of pressure for him to come back.He went back a bag of nerves and then made a mistake on the till and they SACKED him.
He was the only member of staff there still working from the 1st day it opened in December 2001.No doubt another pole or sri lankan will take his place.
He is a top bloke with a disabled wife and the way he has been treated is a utter disgrace.
Please dont use these bastards when you need to fill up:censored:

the same thing happened to a friend of mine who worked at the 7/11 on London road opposite st Peters he ended up with a sum of money because the work place was not secure(nobody there to help him while he lay on the floor being kicked) they pushed him back to work but not soon enough,he now has a better more secure occupation

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
NSC is on a right old Racism rant today innit?! The OP was perhaps mildly racist, but I imagine it is a true observation though

Vulture - where are you at work wise these days? This is same shit different day/person for you innit?!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Wozza.... you are calling me racist when you have a piss taking thing off a black man in your avatar:tosser:

That petrol station is run by a polish manager and used to be all english staff.Hey what a suprise a english guy leaves a pole takes his job...

Anyway I was just pointing out a very good loyal guy has been shit on from a great height but of course some of the guardian reading poofs on here have to take it one step further

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Wozza.... you are calling me racist when you have a piss taking thing off a black man in your avatar:tosser:

That petrol station is run by a polish manager and used to be all english staff.Hey what a suprise a english guy leaves a pole takes his job...

Anyway I was just pointing out a very good loyal guy has been shit on from a great height but of course some of the guardian reading poofs on here have to take it one step further

Whatever. You mentioned the nationalities.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What mistake did he do on the till my missus has asked? pm if required

My missus has worked at BP for over 20 years.and i couldn't boycott them as i get perks myself.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
What mistake did he do on the till my missus has asked? pm if required

My missus has worked at BP for over 20 years.and i couldn't boycott them as i get perks myself.

he forgot to charge someone there fuel on there credit card when they brought some cigs...so he pan keyed it when the customer had gone....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
he forgot to charge someone there fuel on there credit card when they brought some cigs...so he pan keyed it when the customer had gone....

First of all what he done is illegal.Secondly how did he get the card details when reciepts don't show your full card number?

When your brother in law was assaulted you said he was doing a night shift.Was he working alone?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Sorry mate, but that's gross misconduct and an instant sackable offence in pretty much any retail company and most importantly, as algie says, illegal.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Sorry mate, but that's gross misconduct and an instant sackable offence in pretty much any retail company and most importantly, as algie says, illegal.

Yes 100% true but the management had shown him how to do this and he had done it several times before

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
First of all what he done is illegal.Secondly how did he get the card details when reciepts don't show your full card number?

When your brother in law was assaulted you said he was doing a night shift.Was he working alone?

Algie,

The lewes road is a connect and very busy.there were 2 of them working but bp policy is of course to go through the night pay window after 10pm for security reasons.
How ever due to the fact the sales go down if this is down the night staff were told to have the shop open so customers could come into the shop.If of course the night pay hatch was being used he would of not been hit.

I was a manager at BP for 12 years have managed Findon Valley,Hailsham,crossways,brooklands,ditchling road and Lewes Road and Alfold in my time there where does your girlfriend work I might know her

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Algie,

The lewes road is a connect and very busy.there were 2 of them working but bp policy is of course to go through the night pay window after 10pm for security reasons.
How ever due to the fact the sales go down if this is down the night staff were told to have the shop open so customers could come into the shop.If of course the night pay hatch was being used he would of not been hit.

I was a manager at BP for 12 years have managed Findon Valley,Hailsham,crossways,brooklands,ditchling road and Lewes Road and Alfold in my time there where does your girlfriend work I might know her

Since there was two people on shift most sites will be open 24hours(discretion
on area) My girlfiiend site always remains open to the public if two members of staff are on duty.
If it was an accident or assault at work then Bp has a duty to look after there staff without hassle of being told to return to work.
I cannot tell you where my girlriend works sorry,you will have to trust me on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here