Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please boycott BP

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
My brother in laws brother Jason has worked in their Lewes Road Connect since it first opened in 2001.Some know him as he is the guy with the very bad stutter.

Some twat a few months ago punched him while he was doing a night shift and knocked him out.He had time off work and BP put loads of pressure for him to come back.He went back a bag of nerves and then made a mistake on the till and they SACKED him.
He was the only member of staff there still working from the 1st day it opened in December 2001.No doubt another pole or sri lankan will take his place.
He is a top bloke with a disabled wife and the way he has been treated is a utter disgrace.
Please dont use these bastards when you need to fill up:censored:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Good job I don't know where my nearest BP is then :thumbsup:

_38501589_petrol_bbc_220.jpg

Revenge can be oooh so sweet. :lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can he not sue them for unfair dismissal? Having time off work for being thumped, and making one mistake on the till is surely not worthy of being sacked?

Take the dirty bastards to the cleaners.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Can he not sue them for unfair dismissal? Having time off work for being thumped, and making one mistake on the till is surely not worthy of being sacked?

Take the dirty bastards to the cleaners.

Yes,he is taking legal advice.But with a disabled wife he has lots on his plate poor bloke.I hate the way companies like BP make billons upon billons and pay their staff the min wage and treat them like shit....HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes,he is taking legal advice.But with a disabled wife he has lots on his plate poor bloke.I hate the way companies like BP make billons upon billons and pay their staff the min wage and treat them like shit....HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT

Oil is god thats how.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is it run by BP or is it a franchise? i generally avoid BP anyway as they always seem to be 1p more than others, even when opposite.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

The contractual nature of relationships in a capitalist society - Karl Marx, Theory of Alienation.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I see that maintaining a theoretical moral standpoint that is probably not applied in real life is still of paramount importance, rather than supporting someone genuinely having a hard time.

'You had me interested until the racist shit'. hahaha. Racism. Officially The Worst Crime Anyone Can Commit according to people who have no real morals of their own. Anti racism, from people who dont deal with racism or its effects, is the simplest, easiest shorthand for being a 'good person' without actually having to do anything.

He said a pole or Sri Lankan may well be employed there. That is an undeniable fact. He did not say some smelly Pole or thick as shit Sri Lankan. Why do people think that defending imaginary people from perceived slights is the single best moral standpoint you can have in life?

People on here crack me up. Its like a Rik from the Young Ones convention.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
is it run by BP or is it a franchise? i generally avoid BP anyway as they always seem to be 1p more than others, even when opposite.

Normally a fair bit more than 1p. That one at the bottom of Mill Road is well expensive! Apparently you are paying for the Nectar Points Scheme.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He said a pole or Sri Lankan may well be employed there. That is an undeniable fact. He did not say some smelly Pole or thick as shit Sri Lankan.

So why mention nationality? It's not relevant to this case.

The implication was that people from these two countries wouldn't deserve the job as much as the sacked relative or (other?) Brits.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
I see that maintaining a theoretical moral standpoint that is probably not applied in real life is still of paramount importance, rather than supporting someone genuinely having a hard time.

'You had me interested until the racist shit'. hahaha. Racism. Officially The Worst Crime Anyone Can Commit according to people who have no real morals of their own. Anti racism, from people who dont deal with racism or its effects, is the simplest, easiest shorthand for being a 'good person' without actually having to do anything.

He said a pole or Sri Lankan may well be employed there. That is an undeniable fact. He did not say some smelly Pole or thick as shit Sri Lankan. Why do people think that defending imaginary people from perceived slights is the single best moral standpoint you can have in life?

People on here crack me up. Its like a Rik from the Young Ones convention.
:thumbsup:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
So why mention nationality? It's not relevant to this case.

The implication was that people from these two countries wouldn't deserve the job as much as the sacked relative or (other?) Brits.

The huge influx of foreign labour in this country over the last decade is something that affects a lot of people. Maybe its not cool to mention nationality, but to pull someone up on someone mentioning it is churlish and a bit smug and pointless. Maybe it was a bit crass but to deny peoples rights to discuss things they feel threatened by is very undemocratic. Nowhere in his post did he say he will stab any foreign cnt who nicks his mate job. That's when you need to step in mate if you want to help.

Imported labour is something that affects people in the workplace. If he had said 'my mate is getting the sack and meanwhile the directors get multi million pound bonuses' you'd have wet your knickers in agreement. But he mentioned a thornier aspect of business that may affect his job prospects and you tut tut and get all holier than thou. You cant discuss that!

Poles and Sri Lankans do not need you defending them mate from a post on the website. They are big boys who have chanced and given up a lot to improve their own lot, no one elses. You are helping no one with this sort of hypersenitive sort of anti racism, just holding people back and stifling discussion.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Really? Whereas unchecked/casual racism is very helpful, eh? :wozza:

Anyway, I made my point...

You kind of did and it wasnt a very good one.

Lets get back to laughing at poorly educated African immigrant labour out of their depth and confused now shall we?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here