Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pleasant surprise

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Couldn't i get one for my emotional age of 7, which i intend to be in around 18 months? One made of lasagne sheets and bubble gum and the skins of bumblebees i burnt hairfree.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Because at 7, a child is supposed to be getting more and more into football as they understand the concept of supporting one team. By giving that kid a shirt for the 7th birthday, the club has a good chance of keeping that child as a brighton fan forever.

The 'free' shirt will no doubt encourage the parents to spend cash on the next new shirt and other stuff sold at the club shop.

Good bit of marketing if you ask me.

I think it is a good idea and a clever bit of marketing, but why limit it to the 7th birthday.

I think if it is going to be done then kids should get the free shirt on the birthday following the time they join, because it will be leaving out all the kids who do not get into football until after their 7th birthday.

All kids have different interests and different speeds of development. Take my son for instance, he wasnt interested in a whole lot till last year, when he got into football in a huge way, and I expected him to come home and ask for a man u or chelsea kit, and all he wanted was an albion strip, and since then I dont think we have missed one single home game, and everyday he is asking if there is any football on to watch. He even really defends the team against his mates, who all have the premiership kits on, and tells them they should support the local side, and he is only 11.

It would have made his day to recieve one!

Not trying to be selfish or sound selfish, but I think its a fair point!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think it is a good idea and a clever bit of marketing, but why limit it to the 7th birthday.

I think if it is going to be done then kids should get the free shirt on the birthday following the time they join, because it will be leaving out all the kids who do not get into football until after their 7th birthday.

All kids have different interests and different speeds of development. Take my son for instance, he wasnt interested in a whole lot till last year, when he got into football in a huge way, and I expected him to come home and ask for a man u or chelsea kit, and all he wanted was an albion strip, and since then I dont think we have missed one single home game, and everyday he is asking if there is any football on to watch. He even really defends the team against his mates, who all have the premiership kits on, and tells them they should support the local side, and he is only 11.

It would have made his day to recieve one!

Not trying to be selfish or sound selfish, but I think its a fair point!

I see your point, but i think 7 is the correct age for this.
Most kids team of choice is decided around this age maybe even sooner...it was in my house.

And at the age of 7 the club can send a shirt that the kids may just a get a couple of years of use out of before it dosent fit. Any younger and it will last 6 months at most and much older say 11 and as i say team loyalty has generally been chosen, and they will need an adult shirt !....whic will just mean parents pinching them ! and saving on buying one themselves !:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here