Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playstation 3 repair shops?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Is it not still under warranty??

It was launched March 2007 in the UK so it could be just out of warranty. However, I think you'd have a good argument for it not being fit for purpose and I would be surprised if Sony didn't sort it out if you wrote a complaint explaining what a loyal customer you've been for many years.

Thats assuming that they haven't spilt tea in it or something:)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
We are on our 3rd 60GB PS3 since Xmas as they have been faulty (wouldnt play PS2 games and the next one just froze and couldnt be restored). If it's under warrenty ring Sony and they will replace it within a few days.

wwe_bha

Apr 16, 2008
Worthing
unfortunately its no longer under warranty as i got it from Hong Kong 18 months ago. I have tried ringing sony but they dont want to know as its not a PAL console!

The problem being the console switches on ok but after about 5 seconds will freeze and switch off again. There is still power going into the ps3 as the red led is still flashing. :shrug:

It`s dviving me mad as i was on the last mission of gta4 when it started playing up!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Unfortunatley sounds like you need a new one. Especially after not buying it in this country, if you did then you could of returned it to the store where you got it from, but sounds like by wanting one before other people (no problems there, but this could of always happened) then you've sort of like shot yourself in the foot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here