Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

playoffs then??

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets concentrate on getting the 2 wins to stay up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
8 points off play offs but Blackpool have few games in hand , think you have to assume they will win them.....and it then suddenly looks like no chance.

Im still looking down , would say we will def stay up now.

Lets finish as high up as poss .

Would take 11th

Buzz said:

Let's aim for another 9 points from 12 to be sure. Then we can seriously plan for next season...

Safe from relegation and an easy(ish) end to the season we can start looking at all of the options Wilkins has. Be a change from our usual end of season tensions.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Old cliche but one game at a time.

Remember when we beat Sunderland and Millwall in the 2004/05 season in the Championship and we were 10 points or so off the play-offs. A similar time of year and a simlar number of points / games played. And in the end we were a whisker away from relegation as we only got another 7 points or so.

I know a lot of things have changed and I am quite confident that we won't be plummeting down the table, but talk of play-offs is verging on tempting fate as far as I am concerned, and there will be a blip or two before the end of the season I'm sure.

I'd be happy for safety as soon as possible.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Safety will do us fine. Let's focus on getting another couple of wins before too long to secure that, then we can plan for next season.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
veade said:
if we didn't have hope in our lives it would be a boring life so whats wrong with wanting us to get in to the play-offs

Because hopes can, and frequently do, get cruelly dashed. whereas if you hope for nothing and get something..

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
perseus said:
Premature:

We can handle Leeds and Forest at home, but how would we get on against Colchester and West Ham?

Quite nicely I reckon, once the new lads have gelled and we are playing with confidence.
The kids are growing up, and the future is bright(on) if we can keep them together.

We now have a good blend of youthful enthusiasm, experience and a bit of strength up front and in the middle of the park.

I'd say we could be hard to beat for the rest of this season.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
:shutup:

Every time thes threads start we go into meltdown. Please stop talking about the p-o ....... or I predict will lose six straight and I'll come looking for you....:censored:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would be a disaster if we went up. Be relegated by Christmas and back to square one again, no confidence etc.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Can't remember the last time we finished mid-table. We ALWAYS finish near or at the top, or near or at the bottom. Loads of time for things to go disastrously wrong or superbly right between now and end of season. :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
NMH said:
It's just brilliant that we can consider this as a posibility.

That'll do me, for the moment.

It's great I agree and if results go our way on Saturday we may be in touchning distance.

However the mininum number of points we'd need is 70, and thats if we're lucky.

We'd need 8 wins and a draw from 12 games to achieve that. And 70 is the lowest possible based on recent years. We may well need more than that.

It looks very, very unlikely.

In fact I'm more worried about relegation still. We're rubbish at home our fixtures are tough - Bristol City, Scunthorpe, Huddersfield, Doncaster, Bradford, Oldham. Our away games our tough too - Crewe, Blackpool, Northampton, Tranmere, Swansea, Cheltenham (fighting for the lives last day?).

We need those 6 points asap.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buzz said:

Might take a draw or Two as well.

For information, in recent years the 4th from bottom club has been relegated with the following points (most recent at the top)

Hartlepool 50
Torquay 51
Grimsby 50
Cheltenham 48
Bournemouth 44 (we got 90 that year:) )

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Weve got 36 to play for, but also 36 to lose i think stay where we are will be good my early prediction is:

bristol draw
crewe lose
blackpool draw
scunthorpe lose
huddersfield win
northampton win
doncaster win
tranmere lose
bardford win
swansea lose
oldham lose
cheltenham win

17 pts from now till end off

Points total 62 mid table

Last edited:

A liitle bit different:

bristol draw
crewe draw
blackpool lose
scunthorpe win
huddersfield win
northampton win
doncaster win
tranmere lose
bardford win
swansea lose
oldham draw
cheltenham win

18 pts - 63pts total.

Top/mid table finish.

Have we achieved our aim this season? - Yes, most definitely.

Our main problem is the inconsistency of our home form, which has blighted us over the past 3 seasons.

I posted earlier in Jan that our away form is on a par with our promotion seasons - this has now been well surpassed with our current 8; we could even go on to 10! When was the last time that happened? Stats?

Our home form is still presently on a par with relegation seasons but will definitely improve in the latter stages of the season.

Play offs could have been a realistic event if we had of bagged wins against Vale and Rothers, but it is not to be this season. Far too many points dropped at home.

However, things do look positive and extremely optimistic for next season where, quite rightly, expectations will be high.

We have a very good, young side in the making having gained invaluable experience this season.

Promotion next season? I am betting on it.

:albion:

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
hitony said:
Thing is........if we got into the play offs.......what would all the whingers on here have to whinge about ??? for there sakes alone....maybe its best we dont make it :lolol:

The pie forks at Wembley???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Next season is another season ...lot of ifs before then...or example...

IF WE HAVE THE SAME TEAM!!! (Bertin to stay? Revell to stay? Lynch to stay? Hammond to stay... I'd buy him if I was Leed Utd manager?)

IF THE FALMER ISSUE GETS SORTED OUT (Another delay could result ýn mass exodus)

So let's just stay poitive this season in the hope that we won't have ticky hearts come mid-April, unlike nearly every other season before this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here