Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoffs pessimism

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The worry is, we do all the ground work, get in a great position as we were last season and then shot ourselves in the foot. Fact is, if your going to go down there is no shame in that, but go down fighting and having a go, not covering up on the ropes getting knocked about all over the place, hoping your defence is good enough and you might get a lucky blow in. Yes we got great defencive players, jesus christ we got half an England defence. But we have also got great flair attacking players, so bloody well use them ffs.....I fu**ing hate Palace, but everytime they have gone 1, 2 and sometimes even 3 down this season, they fight back and score goals and more often than not win. We haven't come from behind to win a game since Doncaster ffs....We won't keep keeping clean sheets, it's just not possible...I just pray Poyet has got his tactics right next Sunday, because there is no way I can't see Palace scoring at least one if not more. Next Sunday could be our season defining moment and I think it will be.

or in other words . . . Don't do an Audley

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We are a bit like Ordinary Harrison, good at putting away the bums and pugs, but not so good against people that actually hit back. Just cover up, take it and hope one don't hit you flush on the chin lol.

Elements of Fraudley about us

Touch of the Khans as well

Undoubted quality and style but if go to gung ho tend to get knocked out.

Better off having our chin down , play it safe , hopefully get the win

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Elements of Fraudley about us

Touch of the Khans as well

Undoubted quality and style but if go to gung ho tend to get knocked out.

Better off having our chin down , play it safe , hopefully get the win

I like it.....but what's gung ho???.....we are Brighton not Palace. We haven't got gung ho in us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One difference between last season and this is that last year the clubs above us took a lot of points off us.

This season we have won and drawn against the top team, and won and lost against the teams in second and third place.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
There is always one team that surges up the table to make the top 6.

To me the current form guide suggests it will be us, Forest or Bolton (all 3 in the top 4 of the current form table - last 6 games).

I think Bolton have left it too late (5 points behind and played a game more).

Our goal difference must count as an extra point which may help (+10 better than Forest).

I just hope Forest get the jitters and f*** it up, leaving us on the road to Wembley.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Vicente fly up to Manchester rather than take a very long coach journey for Saturday's game ?

The whole team are flying up to Manchester tomorrow , a Vicente masterclass is on the cards.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think Gus will be brave and go shit or bust for the win at Bolton. I think Vicente will own the midfield and we'll walk away 2-1 victors but it'll be a bloody nervous last 15 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here