Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoffs pessimism

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hmmmm, back in one of those threads a couple of months ago about who would finish in the top six I put Forest in and I would stand by that. I also put us in and I'd stand by that too because I don't think Leicester are going to sort themselves out in time, amongst other things.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wolves have turned the corner now. They will put a run together.

Sheff Wed fighting for lives.

Some results will go our way. I also cant see us winning this though

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Well I actually fancy us to nick a win at Bolton. I always prefer to play a team bang on form rather than a team that is on a winless run.
Four wins in a row makes me hopeful that they are due to drop a few points. The pressure is also on them to get a result to maintain any hope of reaching the play offs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can't see us winning this Saturday or next Sunday - my most optimistic outcome for the next 3 games is 5 points, but more likely 3 or 4. Gaining a 'hard earned point' aside, Tuesday night's performance has completely knocked the confidence I had in the team.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Not feeling very optimistic with the run in we've got. Simply no easy games there.
Now with CMS out :-(
We will do very well to stay in the play offs.

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
Forest will blow out of steam when 'new manager syndrome' wears off, well hopefully. I think it will be a low points score to get in the top 6 this year maybe high 60's will be enough. It's certainly going to be interesting!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
In a way I agree, but I think we can still make it if:

Gus rotates the squad smartly - We need to collect maximum points against lower clubs, and hope to get anything from the hard games. Playing our subs against weaker teams is silly in my opinion as those are the ones we should get all 3pts.

We need a replacement for CMS and fast - just to have depth in case the unthinkable happens and we lose Ulloa.

It is in our hands now !!!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Nothing attracts posts quicker than:

1. Grammatical errors
2. Smelling Pistakes
3. Fish based puns
4. Palace threads

Note to self: Start a poorly spelled, grammatically flawed thread about Crystal Plaice.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
After playing so poorly on Tuesday I actually fancy our chances of stealing all 3 points from Bolton, we did it at Cardiff we can do it there. There are going to be more freaky weekends with wacky results and this season will go to the wire and we have as much chance as any of the other contenders of staying in the play offs.

Injuries and suspensions could play a huge part so we will see the strongest squad not team win through.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see Bolton and Forest being in the mix and as we have to play both of them, albeit away, it's still in our own hands. I'm not convinced that Gus sets us up in the right way for crunch games and seems to play with fear when perhaps we should be a bit more gung ho. Playing with fear seems to be a weakspot in Gus' physche, I didn't go to the City game but I get the feeling we set out not to lose rather than to try and win. Most of us would accept losing out if we actually go for it, I wish Gus would.

I am hopeful of a playoff place but not confident

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have to fancy Forest to beat Wolves at home and Leicester should also beat Sheff Wed too. We know first-hand that out-of-sorts Middlesbrough won't have an easy time at Bristol City.

I'd take a point at Bolton if offered, and it won't be easy to come back with that.

It's all giving me a sense of deja vu from last season - slipping away from the playoff picture when the going gets tough.

Convince me otherwise, please...
1) While our season has mirrored last season, our team and squad is a lot better than it was last season, so we're unlikely to lose as many points in the run-in as last season.
2) Forest are only even money to beat Wolves, and even if they do we'll only need a draw to stay above them (the odds are that we'll get a draw or better at Bolton). And we'll still have a game in hand.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can see Wolves drawing at Forest ..they actually won away this week admittedly at an out of form Millwall but that should breed a bit of confidence ..and with it being a midlands derby there will be extra spice .. I said a while ago to watch out for Forest and they've com on strong but they only scraped past a nine man Ipswich on Tuesday

Re Leicester well there a tad off form ..if Nugent (is he out?) and Woods fire then they are a hard team to beat ..but I think there back 4 is suspect

Bolton is going to be hard ..but for me the vital game is Tuesday at Barnsley now that is a game we should be winning

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We need to make our game in hand count for once.

This is it - we have a game in hand on most of our rivals. Win that and there'll be clear blue water.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we beat Cardiff away

that might make you a little more optimistic

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Here you go ... hoping that Brizzol can turn over Boro but not predicting it. Our next 4 are pretty crap, get through those "intact" and we will be fine I reckon

Bolton worry me ... Saturday is mahoosive

130305Footie_zps2f89f01a.png

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well wins at home and draws away for the rest of the season will be more than enough to see us through to the play offs, but there are still plenty of twists and turns left in this season and it looks like it will be close.

With two strikers out we do need an impact player. Maybe not a superstar just someone who can come off the bench and nick a vital goal or two, or even just a hold up player who can bring a pair of fresh legs to allow us to hang on to a narrow lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here