Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing videos on Sony PSP

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
A couple of weeks back I loaded an couple of episodes of The Shield onto my PSP via Sony Media Manager to watch during my lunch break at work. All well and good, watched them no problem - they were avi files.

However, today I have tried to load on some more episodes for next week and I am getting an error message - 'one or more encodes has failed'. I have tried many avi/divx files on my PC and they all come up with the same error message and will not transfer to my PSP.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it a problem with my PC, PSP or software?

Thanks.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Funny you should say that......

punish:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
A couple of weeks back I loaded an couple of episodes of The Shield onto my PSP via Sony Media Manager to watch during my lunch break at work. All well and good, watched them no problem - they were avi files.

However, today I have tried to load on some more episodes for next week and I am getting an error message - 'one or more encodes has failed'. I have tried many avi/divx files on my PC and they all come up with the same error message and will not transfer to my PSP.

Anyone got any ideas? Is it a problem with my PC, PSP or software?

Thanks.

Could be that the 'supplier' has started to use different codecs? :shrug:

Assuming they are downloaded episodes.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
All videos were got around the same period of time and one or two were uploaded to PSP a couple of weeks back. Now they won't upload though. Thats why I figure it is a problem with the PC, PSP or software and not the video files themselves.

B.H.A.F.C

brighton_boy_beau
Mar 20, 2008
BRIGHTON
same thing happened with me mate,i ended up getting a refund but do not phone sony they put me on hold for about 1 hour and in the end did absolutly nothing..:thud:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What program does your mate use now then?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I've now found a free program called PSP Video Express which seems to work well enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here