Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

playforyourclub.com - **Help needed now!!- Seagulls in Europe**

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Do you have to submit your score each time - or can you "play again" and it will roll over?

Seems you have to submit the score and then reload the game each time - is that right?

Yes....submit each time and then wait for the game to reload. Slightly different in the Euro Cup to the league.

By the way....you,re putting us all to shame.....nearly 400,000 points already...!

Players will "drop in and out" during the day and evening.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Well done team.A proper squad is developing here under CJD Wilkins.Lets hope everyone turns out next week and does their bit as we welcome Liverpool,Man Utd and the mighty Leigh Rail Mechanics Institute back to the Premiership.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We,re doing well in the Euro Cup first round, and are well ahead.

Just to make sure, am playing between 8.15pm-8.45pm, when the "boabachter" is running.
Anyone wants to know how many they can score in exactly half an hour....join me...!
Will post the results about 9.00pm.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Results of the "boabachter".......... and good scores from everyone...!

rls 657,050

nsc 471,500

edd 215,675

SGL 436,750

CJD 1,4057 425

A good burst lads............puts us well ahead............and an early night for me....LoL . Giraffes son will make sure we,re OK in the morning. Roll on Athletico Madrid in the next round.......should be easy.....LOL...!

ack

Apr 20, 2006
The easy bit is done,2nd round needs every avail input no matter how small or large.2 hr slots per round,and well done RHK for good score today on your 1st outing into europe:clap2::clap2:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sorry if I'm being thick, do we get going at 10am then in Round 2?

LOL......you,re not being thick...the 2nd round starts at 10.00am against Athletic Madrid. The round lasts for just 2 hours.
Athletic Madrid are one of the biggest teams in the Cup and it,s going to take a miracle to get through............but we always hope...LOL..!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
2nd round starts in 10 minutes....!

So farwe have 11 players on the Top 750 board.........ack, CJD, RHK, SGL, apn, ehp, nsc, ben, Stu, Edd, & bjl.

It will probably be a bit like the Alamo, and we,ll be outnumbered about 10 to 1,........but I like a challenge....!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Take a break lads........3 million down............did our best.

We,ve been outscored 2 to 1, but we were heavily outnumbered by their players. We didn,t disgrace ourselves...!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Colin......bloody internet down for over 24 hours sorry:rant::angry: great show by Burnley getting to the semis and knocking out the champs on route....

Roll sleeves up and wait for Monday....

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Colin......bloody internet down for over 24 hours sorry:rant::angry: great show by Burnley getting to the semis and knocking out the champs on route....

Roll sleeves up and wait for Monday....

No problems alan...........it,s always difficult in round 2 & 3. We needed a kinder draw so we could build some momentum...but it wasn,t to be. At least we got knocked out by one of the finalists.....Athletico Madrid.
Burnley did very well...........a few of us from the ferry helped when all other UK teams were out. Hopefully they,ll return the favour one day.

List of scorers for Brighton this week in the Euro Cup...............

Stu

Edd

bjl

711) 13 369,250

683) ta 390,975

641) ben 434,575 (vultures brother....well done mate..! )

605) nsc 458,675

585) ehp 516,275 (new player...! Welcome...)

432) rls 910,625

378) apn 1,114,850

373) SGL 1,129,750

310) Dis 1,415,500

186) RHK 2,591,900 ( first week in Europe.....brilliant score...)

117) CJD 4,274,800

114) ack 4,297,800 ( Top scorer this week...! )

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
do Rangers play in the Euro Cup

Long running saga this one...............but the answer is , no, they won,t play in Europe.
They are boycotting it until the rules are changed.
Nothing seems to be happening on the rule change, so , hopefully, they will play in Europe again soon. A pity really, because it just means another UK team could of have been playing in Europe, instead.

Giraffe's Son

Dec 3, 2007
Long running saga this one...............but the answer is , no, they won,t play in Europe.
They are boycotting it until the rules are changed.
Nothing seems to be happening on the rule change, so , hopefully, they will play in Europe again soon. A pity really, because it just means another UK team could of have been playing in Europe, instead.

ok:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
They want the rules changed along what lines, CJD? What do they want to happen?

They want it so you have to register for just one club. Therefore this would give the "big clubs" an unassailable advantage in the Euro Cup, by virtue of them naturally having a source for far more players through their fan base.
At the present, I play for Brighton, but also belong to an alliance of players from the smaller clubs.Occaisionally we (the alliance) band together so we have more players, giving us a chance to progress further in the Euro Cup with one particular team. Last week, against Lazio, many of these players helped us (brighton) amass over 100 million points in less than 24 hours...... it still wasn,t enough, but it meant renewed interest for us, and at least we had a chance. Different weeks, other small clubs may get assistance from us.This of course is hated by many on PFYC, almost exclusively by the big clubs...................no surprise there...LOL...!
A "one-club" rule would in my opinion be detrimental to the game, because as teams were knocked out fewer and fewer players could join in with a particular 2nd favourite club, and also it would be an utterly pointless excrcise for us (Brighton) to progress. It would also reduce the advertising revenue for the game, which pays for it to be hosted.
All in all, it,s a matter of opnion of course, but most houses now have more than one PC, so a one club rule seems a pointless exercise.
Finally, belonging to an alliance has meant me "meeting" other like minded players across Europe, and I have to say, it,s another part of the game that I enjoy.
I have had many disagreements with the Rangers players in the past, but we seem to have reached an understanding, and at present it has been good to "chat" with them. They enjoy the game the same as us, we just come from different points of view.
Sorry this has been a bit of a long -winded reply....LOL..!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
wot has happed to us

Just a slow start.....LOL..!

"ack" has set the bar at 168,000 for top score. I,m out in about 20 mins......but will be back at just after 10.00pm tonight for an hour...........or so...!

Hopefully a few points might be added this evening......we need them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here