Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players wearing gloves

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
The wearing of gloves and dare I say it tights by footballers is the single most laughable side of premiership football. Need I say that the foreign legion from Arsenal started this trend.

Sammy Nelson would have never dared set foot on a pitch with bloody gloves and tights. Next thing you will see is a customised lightweight all in one suit with a nike logo on a furry hood. All done up in Arsenal colours. Optional extras will be a balaclava, ear muffs or even a journey man English pro paid to play as a player double, whilst the overseas foreign parasite sits in the warm.

I say stop this trend NOW!!

Rant not over

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The tights business seems to make sense, if you are coming back from injury and keeps your muscles warmed up. But gloves??? Silly people. Mind you, I wear gloves to the football sometimes. Withdean is a little drafty at times.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Perry Milkins said:
The wearing of gloves and dare I say it tights by footballers is the single most laughable side of premiership football. Need I say that the foreign legion from Arsenal started this trend.

Sammy Nelson would have never dared set foot on a pitch with bloody gloves and tights. Next thing you will see is a customised lightweight all in one suit with a nike logo on a furry hood. All done up in Arsenal colours. Optional extras will be a balaclava, ear muffs or even a journey man English pro paid to play as a player double, whilst the overseas foreign parasite sits in the warm.

I say stop this trend NOW!!

Rant not over

Didn't Cameroon have a 1 piece kit in the last World Cup

and gloves are fine if its bloody freezing I wear gloves when I play football

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wasnt it John Barnes who started this gloves and tights nonsense. This was well before the prem.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
It makes me laugh when players wear gloves with a short sleeve shirt.

Ok, maybe some are superstituous, but surely if it is cold enough to wear gloves it is cold enough to wear a long sleeve shirt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Wasnt it John Barnes who started this gloves and tights nonsense. This was well before the prem.

I think that it was Keith Weller of leicester who started the tights, may be wrong.

It is said that you lose most heat of the body through your head will the players who dont head the ball very often start wearing ski caps or will Sett Blatter change the rules to keep the ball below head height as per indoor 5 a side.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
BensGrandad said:
I think that it was Keith Weller of leicester who started the tights, may be wrong.

It is said that you lose most heat of the body through your head will the players who dont head the ball very often start wearing ski caps or will Sett Blatter change the rules to keep the ball below head height as per indoor 5 a side.

I think the boys would like quite dandy in blue and white balaclavas.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
My brother in law is black and tells me there are physiological reasons why he is more likely to feel cold more quickly than caucasians. Hence he wears gloves and hats even when I don't feel too chilly. And he was a marine and a pro rugby player.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ManxSeagull said:
It makes me laugh when players wear gloves with a short sleeve shirt.

Ok, maybe some are superstituous, but surely if it is cold enough to wear gloves it is cold enough to wear a long sleeve shirt.

It's about bad circulation in the extremities (hands and feet) and so doesn't affect the arms. Being a sufferer myself (two pairs of socks in bed during winter and all that) I am totally sympathetic to outfield players wearing gloves in winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here