Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players we kept talking about coming but never came

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Over the lifteime of NSC which players have been most often linked to the club or have been most prayed for by NSCers but never actually made it to the Albion.

Suppose the record-holder must be Kanchelskis but Currie is right up there (yes , I know he WAS at the Albion but we're talking about his second coming).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rainer Bonhoff in 1979

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You are joking about Rainer bOnhof aren't you? I don't remember that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You are joking about Rainer bOnhof aren't you? I don't remember that.

When Mullery looked at the two Peruvians, the representative was also the rep for a couple of German and Dutch footballers, one of which was Rainer Bonhoff.

From what John Vinnicombe said later, this was something that was very much on that cards!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know for a FACT and it was all very hush hush that Franz Beckenbauer was close to SIGNING for us when we were in Division 1.
He was STAYING at the Grand butnegotiations BROKE down. I would have WET myself with JOY at seeing the KAISER in the blue and white STRIPES .

Do you remember the story about the two Peruvians, who their agent reconed were in their 20's where in fact they were in their late 30's early 40's:lol::lol::lol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Kevin Brock of Oxford United, got as far meeting Mullery for talks in early 1981 who was pissed off by his general attitude, almost a la Kevin the teenager, and called the whole deal off.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
On the Kanchelskis front..... was there ever a possibility that this might have happened?

(Gets ready for the dunce hat)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here