Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players out and players in

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think the key to our success or failure will be how we use our loan signings. I can't see us bringing any more than 3 new contract players, so lets hope we see some long term loan signings from a couple of Premiership clubs. The likes of Chelski are going to have decent players with only a season of reserve team football ahead of them. Mcghee is mates with Fergie at Man Utd so maybe something may come of that, and of course Liam Brady may have some youngsters at Highbury who want some first team football.

I think beg, steal and borrow will sum up our transfer activity over the summer break!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Superseagull said:
... Mcghee is mates with Fergie at Man Utd so maybe something may come of that ...

According to that Scotsman interview, Fergie and McGhee fell out when he was at Wolves and the two no longer speak to each other.

Fergie bearing a grudge? Find that hard to believe ...:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Man Utd have a tie up with a Belgian club, possibly Antwerp, they send most of their good prospects out there for whole season loans so us getting anyone from there must rate as unlikely. If anything we are more likely to get players from Arsenal as I believe Liam Brady still holds out affection for the Albion, and I think he still lives in the area and could therefore keep an eye on anyone they lent us.

Superseagull sums it up, there won't be much cash available to buy players, we are more likely to get players in on free signings and use anything available to cover wages.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
i've heard that we are getting ipswich striker Alan Armstrong on a free transfer i don't know how true this is but he is a proven 1st division striker

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
seagulljaz said:
i've heard that we are getting ipswich striker Alan Armstrong on a free transfer i don't know how true this is but he is a proven 1st division striker
where did you hear that then? scored a few goals for middlesboro and ipswich in his time might be a decent signing if he can stay fit!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
rodgerscuz said:
Having spoken to Simon (Rodger) hes no longer without a contract and has been offered a two year deal with the club!:clap2:
is that true is it? if it is good as long as he can prove his fitness cos i like rodger and he would definately strengthen our midfield although still feel we would need 1 other play maker with div 1 experience

Tighe11

Nov 15, 2003
Brighton
Tommy Mooney is class if we could get him say bye lwelumo i would rather have Mooney no offence to Iwelumo, but i went to both playoff games and saw the swindon league game at the Withdean, and Mooney is a class above he is not a division 2 player. Plus he obviously wants to be a seagull he didnt miss all those chances for nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here