Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players or style?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Both, this is the championship not the champions league. You have to be able to mix it up, depending on what your up against. A fact that is sadly lost on our manager.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some players substandard.

Calderon, Painter, Dicker, Ankergren & Brezovan ... are obvious & this was stated by some here even in the heady days of Aug/Sept.

Harley & Sparrow ... seem to be the same after being given chances.

Replace with quality as soon as possible, please!!!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
If we don't buy 2 or 3 in Jan we surely have to change the style. Those that are fit enough to play, clearly can't play Gus's way, I wish they could. Even buying Reyes won't be enough to play tippy tappy all the time. Going to have to mix it up a bit.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Both - we can not play like barca with the likes of harley. We are effectively playing with one striker.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Both - the players are not good enough to play tippy tappy at this level. We should either get better players (which would cost too much) or adopt a style to suit those we have - oh, and get someone better to do the pre-signing medicals!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Both, this is the championship not the champions league. You have to be able to mix it up, depending on what your up against. A fact that is sadly lost on our manager.

I tend to agree and I will stick my neck out and say I would not be surprised if Gus 'moves on' within the next 12 months.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Both - the players are not good enough to play tippy tappy at this level. We should either get better players (which would cost too much) or adopt a style to suit those we have - oh, and get someone better to do the pre-signing medicals!

I mentioned our seemingly risky signing of injury prone players some weeks ago and got hammered!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bit of both.

With the starting line up today you couldn't play any way in the Championship except the shit way.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
It's not a case of players or style, it's having the players to play the style and unfortunately there appears to be a few out there who don't have the quality to be playing the way we do at this level.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Just back from the game - I live locally in Bedworth. This was an abject performance with little drive or passion. We looked better once Buckley and Lua Lua came on but, again, our distribution and final ball was poor. Our execution throughout the game was poor. I think that is the first time I have not clapped the team as they left the field.

Let's put this into perspective, Coventry were poor. We were poor. We are missing a keeper (Angers was definitely at fault for the 2nd), we miss a midfielder who can control a game and we miss a striker who can score. This to me, and I suspect by many, is obvious. This was a winnable game.

We lack pace and quickness of thought as too often, our midfield slowed it down and they did not support CMS and Paynter adequately. Coventry had a game plan and worked hard for each other. They got men behind the ball when required as were they incisive when required. However, they were still poor.

We also have a problem with referees and the club need to sort it out. This must (MUST) come from Gus as he should lead by example. We picked up two bookings because of our past. Simple.

All in all, we have a lot to sort out. No goals in four games (and we didn't really look like scoring today), four defeats on the bounce and with tough games ahead. We have the players to do it but we are not playing to our strengths. I think the belief has deserted us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here