Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players on the lash

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Actually, that pisses me off a bit. I don't usually have a problem with footballers having lifes, but they should be in for extra training tomorrow after that f***ing sorry display of shit.

Wankers.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Frankly no they shouldn't be allowed out after a shambles like that, Slade should apply some parental qualities and ground the numpties if they keep performing SHIT.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no problem with them being on 'the lash' last night my problem is what they do from Monday morning until Saturday evening, all based on their performance between 3 - 5pm on Saturday.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What, they were drinking a full 156 hours before their next game - disgraceful, sack em all.

How dare footballers be normal human beings, how dare they lead any sort of life which isn't spent training or playing 24hrs a day, 7 days a week - Dont they know we pay good money to watch them (or at least look at the results from time to time) so we demand they live differently and have far less rights than anyone else.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I disagree. They are ambassadors and representatives of the club. Consider the SHITE they served up and their pathetic season to date they should be laying low. To og out and get pissed up just looks like they don't give a shit. Which is probably true but Slade should have told them NOT to go out and if they did there would be repurcussions.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
there should've been an extra training session this morning, so IF its true then I blame Salde!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
What, they were drinking a full 156 hours before their next game - disgraceful, sack em all.

How dare footballers be normal human beings, how dare they lead any sort of life which isn't spent training or playing 24hrs a day, 7 days a week - Dont they know we pay good money to watch them (or at least look at the results from time to time) so we demand they live differently and have far less rights than anyone else.

Not a case of demadning they lead different lives, it is a fact they do. My job doesn't require me to retain a degree of fitness that enables me to perform at a high level week in week out. It doesn;t require me to maintain a diet that ensure m body is always at its best. They do. Going out drinking at all shouldn't be a consideration, maybe the odd exception here and there. In this day and age playes should be more responsiblr, regardless of the result that day. But, losing a match and performing should make any proud professional too ashamed to go out.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
But Micky Adams had the players back on the training ground the next day after pretty much every home humbling...and that worked a treat didn't it? ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
would all be funny as f*** ikf they had won 2-0 nil but they dint,they lost again,i dont care if they sit in all night with traffic cones on their heads , wanking into flowerpots whilst stroking a stuffed badger................the fact of the matter is that they aren't up to the tasks that have been set for them...............are they a total bunch of goons or what...??? how are teams like forrest and qpr able to get their shit together whereas we are apparently incapable.......did russ say "oh go on lads ,f*** all sinks in in training ,why don't you all just piss off out and get mangled and turn up tomorrow and do your worst......!!!!!!"

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not a case of demadning they lead different lives, it is a fact they do. My job doesn't require me to retain a degree of fitness that enables me to perform at a high level week in week out. It doesn;t require me to maintain a diet that ensure m body is always at its best. They do. Going out drinking at all shouldn't be a consideration, maybe the odd exception here and there. In this day and age playes should be more responsiblr, regardless of the result that day. But, losing a match and performing should make any proud professional too ashamed to go out.

How much did any of them have? a pint or two, or were they completely w@nkered? can't they have a pint or 2 and still be fine to train the next day or does alcohol affect footballers differently to the rest of the human race?

So are all professional athletes banned from drinking during their careers because it affects their performances too much (rugby, cricket, etc)?

and since when has having a beer or too several days before a match ever prevented anyone from performing well - and would George Best been a better player if he was teetotal?

Also, if anyone who posts on here has a bad day at work, should they be banned from drinking as it may affect their performance the following day?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
What a pile of wank.

Who f***ing cares? Sometimes I go for a drink after a bad day at work - does that mean I'm in the wrong too?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
is it so hard to believe they were out? I've seen players on the lash after a defeat before and a member of the coaching team piss faced with them!!

No it's just that this thread is shit stirring and it not really needed considering the f***ing mess we find oursleves in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here