Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Other / None

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
Its no secret that we need to sign some players and fast so where is the most urgent requirement. This can then be compared to who we do get in during the window.

You can vote for as many positions as you like.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we keep Fleetwood, then a left back and two midfilders would surely be the minimum.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A back up striker who unlike Fleetwood , at this level, can put the ball into the net and another attacking midfielder would change us intoa reasonable side.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Left back, creative midfielder and left sided midfielder for me. Loft and Robinson give us cover up front enough for me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How can you possibly say that when both have proved to be not capable of stepping up to the standard required in this division.

You jest surely. Remember that 4-1 thrashing earlier this season? One of the very few chances that Robinson has had to play and he was the only one (when he came on as a sub very late on) who looked like scoring. Time and time again the game has screamed for someone to run at defences as we know Robinson can. He has not often made the bench this season let alone the pitch.

As for Loft, what does the poor bloke have to do to get a game? I don't think I've seen more than 90 minutes of football from that bloke all season and I think I've been to every home game so far.

I'm not going to start slinging insults, BG but how can you say they have proved not to be capable of this standard this season when they've hardly played?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Robinson came on against Scunthorpe, which is the only game I have missed at Withdean, as I was away on holiday so I cannot comment on that, but on every other occassion that he has come on he has proved nothing and that he cannot do what is wanted ie go past players and as a striker his scoring rate is poor. In the game against Luton he should have scored 2 or 3 goals in the first half which would and should have given us victory.

Loft has been brought on in a number of games and has made no difference whatsoever and I do not feel that he is anywhere near the standard required for Div 1 and would at the best hold his own for Eastbourne or Crawley.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Robinson came on against Scunthorpe, which is the only game I have missed at Withdean, as I was away on holiday so I cannot comment on that, but on every other occassion that he has come on he has proved nothing and that he cannot do what is wanted ie go past players and as a striker his scoring rate is poor. In the game against Luton he should have scored 2 or 3 goals in the first half which would and should have given us victory.

Loft has been brought on in a number of games and has made no difference whatsoever and I do not feel that he is anywhere near the standard required for Div 1 and would at the best hold his own for Eastbourne or Crawley.

So what games has he come on and how late on? Against Luton he danced around 3 players before forcing a decent save from the keeper. Can't remember the 2 other chances in that half and that was when we were attacking the goal near the family stand. Sorry, but the team were woeful just hoofing it up over the heads of the attackers when everyone knows that Robinson (like Forster) aren't great playing route one footie. They like the ball to feet.

Likewise for Loft, how many games has he come on and how late on? I think at times, BG that we watch completely different games at Withers and to single out 2 very marginal fringe players and base your opinions on late second half substituted performances is a tad unfair.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
During the first half there were about 3 opporunities that JR had that could be put down as chances that he failed to capitalise on which is the difference between being good enough and not.

I would agree that neither him nor Loft have had the chances but my point is that you maintain that both of them are adequate which is the point I disagree with as I do not think that they are.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
During the first half there were about 3 opporunities that JR had that could be put down as chances that he failed to capitalise on which is the difference between being good enough and not.

I dont think it's a lack of skill with Robinson more a lack of confidence, Maybe Adams needs to give him a cuddle.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We clearly need a left back, so that Whing can be played in his favourite position and so virgo does not continue to play right back.
Then we need a creative midfielder to play alongside el-abd or livermore who are more defensive, someone like johnson or thornton who will actually run forward and have a shot. Also think we need a back up striker, as fleetwood doesnt seem to score many goals, and has missed quite a few piss easy chances. That would be my three, but starting to wish we had signed anyinsah now, wasnt bothered when I noticed he signed for carlisle, but our wingers have been soo shite i think he would have been a good signing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Midfield midfield midfield midfield !!!, and in case I'm not making myself clear... MIDFIELD !!!!

We also need a proper left back ( although Whingy has done ok there, much to my surprise, these past 2 games ) & a back up striker. But if we don't get some creative attacking midfielders in then we are truly in trouble.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
I think we are crying out for a big centre forward. Our three strikers are not the tallest and, particularly Forster and Fleetwood, tend to run into the channels leaving the box empty.

Buying a large, horrible centre forward who will give us another option and can stick the ball in the net is the biggest priority for me.

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
So here is how we are doing....

Goalkeeper, Right Back, Centre Back and Defensive Mid are all fine according to NSC.

Left back has still not been sorted so there is an issue there although we have coped fairly well so far.

Attacking Centre Mid is presumably covered by Jarrett and possibly Birchall.

Left and Right mid have been added to by the arrival of Carole and again Birchall.

Striker in now as well with Andrews although Fleetwood has gone now.

Overall can there be many complaints. Now is the time to start judging Mickey, these are his players, his team and his tactics lets see what he can do!

Up the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here